non DDI/DKI callouts from solaris 2.5 drivers

non DDI/DKI callouts from solaris 2.5 drivers

Post by Tushar Y Tamb » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

hi

i am trying to call some functions (say func()) exported by a loadable
module (say module A) from my driver.

module A loads properly. i also specify a dependency between my device
driver and module A through the _depends_on variable.

when i try to load the driver add_drv fails saying it cannot
resolve func().

do i need to do something special for those functions of module A
which i call from the driver (besides making them global and declaring
them as externs in the concerned header files) ? can drivers call
*any* function from any kernel loadable module (as long as the module
is loaded) or do they have to stick to the DDI/DKI interface ?

thanks in advance.

--
Tushar Y Tambay
Veritas Software India.

1. DDI/DKI for writing device driver on Solaris 2.X

Hi. Everyone.
I am interested in DDI/DKI for writing device driver on Solaris 2.X.
But, I have few knowledge of them.
Please let me know how to get the related infomation.
If you have much information of them, please teach me.

Thnakyou in advance.

Soomyung Park

2. Libxxx.so.xxx

3. SVR4 DDI/DKI -- how do I signal a process

4. How do I get to Netware drives?

5. DDI DKI

6. dtpowerless

7. Mailing list for kernel/DDI/DKI developers?

8. POSIX threads

9. DDI/DKI kernel functions for current time

10. Solaris 2.5/x86 and non-Solaris fdisk partitions

11. Solaris DDI/DMA example driver

12. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

13. Converting networked Solaris 2.5 to non-networked standalone...