Solaris 2.3 tunable kernel parameters

Post by stev » Sat, 29 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know where I can get a list of kernel parameters that I can tune
in /etc/system.  I have tried using 'adb' to examine value of standard SVR4
tunable parameters, but the only one that seems to be standard is 'maxusers'.

Any help v. much appreciated.
Steve Phelps
Epic Interactive Media Company.

Solaris 2.3 tunable kernel parameters

Post by ja.. » Mon, 01 May 1995 04:00:00

Sun Express/Press has a book out by the name of System Performance and
Tuning.  It is an excelent book.  If you call Sun Express they should
now about it.  It's a very popular book.

Or, you can look in the Sun Solve CD-ROM.  Their is a white paper
on system performance.

1. tunable parameters in Solaris 2.3 and diskless ELC

        I need to modify a few of the tunable parameters on a Sparc
classic running Solaris 2.3 and, as a new sysadmin, I'm having a bit
of trouble ifguring it out.  Is there a man page I should look in?
I've tried all of them that I can think of and I'm still stumped.  In
case it matters the parameters are:
Shared memory ID's (SHMMNI)
Semaphore Set ID's (SEMMNI, SEMMAP)
Total Semaphores (SEMMNS)
Semaphores per set (SEMMSL)
        I figure I need to add something to the bottom of my
/etc/system file, but exactly what?
        While I'm posting I have another question:  I have a Sparc ELC
diskless workstation that currently boots off of a Sparc IPC running
SunOS 4.1.2.  How can I set the ELC to boot off of a Solaris 4.3
machine?  In fact, it's the same machine I mentioned above.
        Thanks in advance for any help!
--
Through the concentrator, between the gateways, off the firewall,
into the server - nothin' but 'net.

2. Help: RedHat installation

3. Solaris tunable kernel parameters?

4. RedHat 4.1 install w/Soundbalster card and Sony CDU31A

5. Kernel tunable parameters on Solaris 2.6

6. Probs with KDE beta3

7. Setting up Solaris 2.3 Kernel parameters

8. installing Debian over win98 in dual boot system (win98 and win2k)

9. OSR5.0.0 -- tuneable kernel parameters

10. New: Change compile-time option CONFIG_APM_RTS_IS_GMT to sysctl-tunable kernel parameter

11. Tunable Kernel Parameters

12. List of Tunable kernel parameters

13. SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 tunable kernel parameter for SCSI H.D.