security/login replacement/Fascist login/

1. Login without login getting recorded into last login file

Is there anyway to login to an account 'as a normal user' without your
login getting recorded into the last login file.

I know that this is a binary file and no one could re-write it. Moreover,
I know that .hushlogin file could also be created in /etc and that would
tell the system not to record the current login, but you would have to be
GOD (root) to be able to create that file in /etc

So, I would appreciate any assistance that anyone could offer on this
matter.

**     WILLIAM GHORISHI                                           **
**     DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE, UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO      **

**     URL          :   http://www.scar.utoronto.ca/~93ghoris/    **
**     BELIEF       :   "GOD IS REAL, UNLESS CAST TO AN INTEGER!" **

2. unknown host

3. Login Replacement

4. Top 10 posters comp.unix.shell

5. Looking for a replacement for login

6. termcap entries needed

7. Replacement for login...

8. major numbers <= 3 are supported

9. replacement for mail check in /etc/.login

10. Problems with John F. Haugh's login replacement

11. replacement for /bin/login: TACACS?

12. Login from tty* takes forever after motherboard replacement

13. ip-masquerading / login questions - Linux as an NT replacement