1. SLIP problems (via terminal server & TIA)
I'm trying to get SLIP to work from my linux box to the rest of the world
via TIA running on a SunOS machine, which I connect to via a terminal
server. I'm using dip 3.3.7i with kernel 1.2.2 (SLIP, etc. enabled).
The initial connection gets made fine, and I go on my way. However,
after a short period of time, the connection seems to freeze. It would
seem as if the line was hung up or something, as the characters I type go
into /dev/null and I get nothing back from the remote hosts no matter how
long I wait. This was happened to me in varios telnet sessions (multiple
hosts, either directly or telnetting from one host to another), as well
as in POP3 sessions, lynx sessions, etc.
It seems to occur more quickly with a higher MTU setting, but no matter
how low I go, it still happens.
Any suggestions? I went through all the dip & Net-2 stuff I could find,
and though someone mentioned a TIA-SLIP howto/faq in an earlier message I
couldn't find it on sunsite.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
2. Sound Blaster 128 PCI and Linux
3. Wanted: Solaris SLIP S/W that accepts a dynamic address from a terminal server
4. Sr. UNIX Administrator (Solaris)
5. DOS PC to the 'Net via Linux box's SLIP?
6. Ethernet write problem
7. An Old 386 Pc as X terminal conn via ethernet?
8. control an mp3 decoder over the network?
9. How to connect a PC (or a terminal) via a null modem?
10. SLIP for Solaris 2.3: slip-solaris-3
11. SLIP/PPP/TERM server via Telnet ??
12. Slip/PPP login into host through terminal server
13. Slip or PPP via dial-in to SCO Unix Server.