Why don't I find some package, like SUNWscpu, in Solaris 8_x86 CDs ?

Why don't I find some package, like SUNWscpu, in Solaris 8_x86 CDs ?

Post by Vic » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 03:18:38

hi all:

I get some question about installing the Solaris packages.

When I install Solaris 8_x86, I select "core system support" and some
useful packages, like SUNWscpu..etc, are not installed in the option.

I have tried to find them in Solaris 8_x86 CDs,includes installer,
sofeware 1/2, sofeware 2/2, and language, but I could't find them
anymore.

Do I miss anything?

And where can I find these packages and download them?

Thanks a lot.

Post by Dave Uhrin » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 03:47:36

> hi all:

> I get some question about installing the Solaris packages.

> When I install Solaris 8_x86, I select "core system support" and some
> useful packages, like SUNWscpu..etc, are not installed in the option.

The "core" cluster is useful only if you are going to use your system as a
client of a server.  Install "everything" and you will be more satisfied,
unless you are building a firewall.

Post by Darren Dunha » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 04:45:38

> hi all:
> I get some question about installing the Solaris packages.
> When I install Solaris 8_x86, I select "core system support" and some
> useful packages, like SUNWscpu..etc, are not installed in the option.
> I have tried to find them in Solaris 8_x86 CDs,includes installer,
> sofeware 1/2, sofeware 2/2, and language, but I could't find them
> anymore.
> Do I miss anything?

The individual packages will be in the "Product" directory on either 1/2
or 2/2.

Quote:> And where can I find these packages and download them?

You've got the CDs.  No downloads.

Post by Vic » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:23:44

> > hi all:

> > I get some question about installing the Solaris packages.

> > When I install Solaris 8_x86, I select "core system support" and some
> > useful packages, like SUNWscpu..etc, are not installed in the option.

> > I have tried to find them in Solaris 8_x86 CDs,includes installer,
> > sofeware 1/2, sofeware 2/2, and language, but I could't find them
> > anymore.

> > Do I miss anything?

> The individual packages will be in the "Product" directory on either 1/2
> or 2/2.

> > And where can I find these packages and download them?

> You've got the CDs.  No downloads.

Can U tell me the full path?

thanks a lot

Post by Darren Dunha » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 02:12:49

>> > When I install Solaris 8_x86, I select "core system support" and some
>> > useful packages, like SUNWscpu..etc, are not installed in the option.

>> > I have tried to find them in Solaris 8_x86 CDs,includes installer,
>> > sofeware 1/2, sofeware 2/2, and language, but I could't find them
>> > anymore.

>> > Do I miss anything?

>> The individual packages will be in the "Product" directory on either 1/2
>> or 2/2.

>> > And where can I find these packages and download them?

>> You've got the CDs.  No downloads.
> Can U tell me the full path?

Assuming vold mounting...
/cdrom/<name of cd>/s0/Solaris<version>/Product

Post by Vic » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 02:03:23

> >> The individual packages will be in the "Product" directory on either 1/2
> >> or 2/2.

> >> You've got the CDs.  No downloads.

> > Can U tell me the full path?

> Assuming vold mounting...
> /cdrom/<name of cd>/s0/Solaris<version>/Product

Thanks your answer~~

In these days, I found something interesting.

First, I still couldn't the pkg that I looked for, and I knew what
Dunham meant.

Becase I installed Solaris with "Core System Support" option, when I
put the CDs in CD-rom, system didn't auto mount CD.

I know if I install Soalris with fuller mode, system will automount on
/vol/cdrom/<name of cd>/s0/Solaris<version>/Product....

At last, I find the other way, this is why it is interesting.

I know the packages what I want, like SUNWscpu, is in the Software
1/2.

Before, I mounted in this way, mount -r /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /mnt,

and below is content in /mnt,

a            dev          lib          proc         usr
bin          devices      mnt          reconfigure  var
boot         etc          opt          sbin         webstart
cdrom        kernel       platform     tmp

and I can find some pkgs on /mnt/tmp/root/var/sadm/pkg,

AMImega    SUNWcicdl  SUNWeodte  SUNWi1cs   SUNWkwsr2  SUNWplow1
SUNWtltk
CADP160    SUNWcis    SUNWeorte  SUNWiicdl  SUNWlccom  SUNWpmi
SUNWtoo
CPQcnft    SUNWcor    SUNWesis   SUNWinst   SUNWlibC   SUNWpsdcr
SUNWusb
CPQncr     SUNWcpmp   SUNWesos   SUNWiodst  SUNWlibCf  SUNWpsdir
SUNWvcd1
CPQsmii    SUNWcsd    SUNWesu    SUNWiodte  SUNWlibms  SUNWpsdpr
SUNWwsr2
HPFC       SUNWcsl    SUNWesws2  SUNWiorte  SUNWloc    SUNWpsu
SUNWxi18n
MADGFmt    SUNWcsr    SUNWexplt  SUNWipc    SUNWmfrun  SUNWrmodr
SUNWxsvc
MYLXflp    SUNWcsu    SUNWficdl  SUNWitis   SUNWmlx    SUNWrmodu
SUNWxwdv
SHWPinst   SUNWcwsr2  SUNWfodst  SUNWitos   SUNWnisr   SUNWsibi
SUNWxwfnt
SK98sol    SUNWdeis   SUNWfodte  SUNWitws2  SUNWnisu   SUNWsicdl
SUNWxwice
SKfp       SUNWdeos   SUNWforte  SUNWixplt  SUNWoldst  SUNWsodst
SUNWxwmod
SUNWadmap  SUNWdews2  SUNWfris   SUNWjadis  SUNWoldte  SUNWsodte
SUNWxwopt
SUNWadmc   SUNWdfb    SUNWfros   SUNWjais   SUNWolrte  SUNWsorte
SUNWxwpls
SUNWadmgn  SUNWdicdl  SUNWfrws2  SUNWjicdl  SUNWos86r  SUNWsvis
SUNWxwplt
SUNWadmr   SUNWdodst  SUNWfxplt  SUNWjws2   SUNWos86u  SUNWsvos
SUNWxwrtl
SUNWadp    SUNWdodte  SUNWgmrt   SUNWkadis  SUNWpcelx  SUNWsvws2
SUNWxwscf
SUNWbzip   SUNWdorte  SUNWhadis  SUNWkey    SUNWpcmci  SUNWswmt
SYMhisl
SUNWcadis  SUNWdxplt  SUNWhicdl  SUNWkicdl  SUNWpe10   SUNWsxplt
SUNWcadp   SUNWeicdl  SUNWhis    SUNWkis    SUNWpl5u   SUNWter
SUNWcar    SUNWeodst  SUNWhwsr2  SUNWkvm    SUNWplow   SUNWtleu

Now, I mount in this way, mount -rF hsfs /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0 /mnt,

and I can find all of the pkgs in /mnt/Solaris_8/Product/.

But now a new problem appear, why does it succeed in mount -rF hsfs
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0 /mnt?
                    ^^
               What does p0 mean?

Thanks a lot.

1. WHY-WHY-WHY.....my Mitsumi CD don't seek at boot??!!!!!

....without word...!!!
Is the 5 time that i recompile the kernel with ALL the necessary drivers
for the ATAPI CD, but that stupid Mitsumi doesn't ear to work.
A brief history....the first time i installed Linux the CD, after the
first bootstrap doesn't work, although the CD setup worked fine.
So i reinstalled all (LILO too), and ,i don't now why, this time the CD
worked fine!! BUT, after compiling the Kernel, as above specified, the CD
doesn't work.....('the device appear confuse', and other line).
Many many thanx.....in advance!!

Luciano.....
Rome, Italy. (Not only 'spaghetti'....'mandolino' too!!!!!)

2. Urgent sco unix problem

3. How do I find out why my IP aliases don't work

4. linux shared libraries won't load

5. Virtusertable can't function at solaris 8_x86

6. ATI Rage 128

7. 3C905C Driver had found..Why don't work on Solaris8....

8. In ~/.icewm/menu how to insert line break?

9. Why are some packages installed in all zones for Solaris 10, but some packages are not ?

10. Audio CD's don't work on Solaris 2.6/x86

11. Install Can't Find CD ROM packages

12. Threads don't run faster on Solaris SMP, Why?

13. why don't my suid root shell scripts work under Solaris 2.5?