Replacing Sun's SNMP with net-snmp

Post by js » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:16:07

Are there any dangers of replacing Sun's SNMP with net-snmp ( formerly
ucd-snmp ) ?

e.g. Does Solaris Volume Manager rely on Sun SNMP ?

Post by js » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:33:45

> Are there any dangers of replacing Sun's SNMP with net-snmp ( formerly
> ucd-snmp ) ?

> e.g. Does Solaris Volume Manager rely on Sun SNMP ?

To be specific, I meant "Does metasets ( shared disks ) in SVM use Sun's
SNMP" ?

1. UCD SNMP (Net-SNMP) 4.2.1 on AIX 4.3.3?

We can build ucd-snmp 4.2.1 on AIX 4.3.3 using gcc, but snmptrapd dumps
core when we try to launch it. Hints, clues and suggestions would be
welcome. Also, pointers to other (free) software for handling incoming
snmp traps would be welcome.

                                  remove '.hates.spam' to reply

2. PS/2s are not all microchannel!! Does Linux work on these?

3. /proc/net/snmp and SNMP MIB

4. Virus protection

5. SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

6. USB MS Intellimouse - keyboard doesn't respond

7. Adding sun MIBS to net-snmp

8. Apache 1.1(b3..but soon the release) And Virtual Hosts: Same IP, DIfferent Port

9. Can't run net-snmp, zlib fatal exception.

10. Win95 snmp w/linux snmp

11. SNMP for People who wish not to snmp

12. snmp agent using ucd-snmp-3.5.2

13. Error in loading the SNMP mibs for apache snmp module