ftp

Post by Jorge H. Gome » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have an E4000 with 2 storage arrays hooked up to it working fine.  I
have users running NT 4.0.  They can see one of the drives fine, they
write files and edit files with no problem.  When they try to FTP to
that drive they get the following error.

" An error occurred while reconnecting J to \\olympus\data9\share.
  Net Manage NFS Network 21: No PCNFSD on server and authentication
undefined or invalid.  This connection has not been restored.  "

Please help, thank you

Jorge H. Gomez

ftp

Post by Ron Dille » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Jorge,

The error seems to imply that the client is attempting to connect to the
server via pcnfs, not ftp.

Ron

> I have an E4000 with 2 storage arrays hooked up to it working fine.  I
> have users running NT 4.0.  They can see one of the drives fine, they
> write files and edit files with no problem.  When they try to FTP to
> that drive they get the following error.

> " An error occurred while reconnecting J to \\olympus\data9\share.
>   Net Manage NFS Network 21: No PCNFSD on server and authentication
> undefined or invalid.  This connection has not been restored.  "

> Please help, thank you

> Jorge H. Gomez

|   Ron Dilley          Sr. UNIX Network Administrator   |

ftp

Post by Peter Sundstro » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

This is not a FTP error, it's a PCNFS error.

>I have an E4000 with 2 storage arrays hooked up to it working fine.  I
>have users running NT 4.0.  They can see one of the drives fine, they
>write files and edit files with no problem.  When they try to FTP to
>that drive they get the following error.

>" An error occurred while reconnecting J to \\olympus\data9\share.
>  Net Manage NFS Network 21: No PCNFSD on server and authentication
>undefined or invalid.  This connection has not been restored.  "

>Please help, thank you

>Jorge H. Gomez

ftp

Post by Arran Pric » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I have an E4000 with 2 storage arrays hooked up to it working fine.  I
> have users running NT 4.0.  They can see one of the drives fine, they
> write files and edit files with no problem.  When they try to FTP to
> that drive they get the following error.

> " An error occurred while reconnecting J to \\olympus\data9\share.
>   Net Manage NFS Network 21: No PCNFSD on server and authentication
> undefined or invalid.  This connection has not been restored.  "

> Please help, thank you

> Jorge H. Gomez

Thats kinda a weird error to get I would have thought.
Can you ftp from other boxes (not just NT) to the e4k?
How are they trying to ftp to the e4k?
The errors you are getting dont look like FTP errors at all (I dont use
PCNFSD tho so I could be wrong).

Basically need more info..

Arran
Open Systems Analyst

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

1. Solaris ftp v Pro-ftp v WU-ftp

One-year newbie Solaris admin here. (And four yrs Linux experience extra,
does
that count extra credit?)

Management thinks they want an internet ftp server for the company.
Whatever,
they're mgt, and 'I serve at their pleasure'.. and paycheck. My questions:

1). why use a package like ProFTP or WU-ftp, instead of Solaris 2.6 ftp,
which
seems to me easy enough to use and cfg? (I'd ask them why, but that'd be
interpreted
as 'a bad thing'.)
2). which FTP is 'better'? I've heard of WU-ftp security holes, but am not
familiar
with Pro-FTP problems.
3). is there a better way to go?

I'm guessing this is for external customer browser convenience, which will
make me
RTFMs soon enough, yet any other comments, suggestions, or insights would be
appreciated. Thank you.

-fgz
(name alias and bogus email adrs to protect the guilty.)

2. Firmware on TTYA with login shell on Framebuffer?

3. FTP: New Linux FTP site: ftp.kernel.org

4. !!!HELP!!! Setting up a remote printer under Solaris 2.6

5. Secure ftp, ftp over stunnel og ftp-ssl.

6. Help in Restoring app links. TIA

7. How to connect to an FTP through an FTP-Proxy.

8. Compaq Proliant waits for F1-key to continue

9. Can't ftp to Linux box from windows ftp client

10. make a character device /dev/ftp that do ftp

11. Problems with FTP (wu.ftp) HELP!

12. FTP: Looking for source code for FTP client program

13. how do I use the cern ftp proxy with non web ftp clients?