Is it possible to set-up a USB connected HP printer?

Is it possible to set-up a USB connected HP printer?

 I know x86 version 8 has support for USB. But how can I use it?

Post by Philip Bro » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> I know x86 version 8 has support for USB. But how can I use it?

basically you can't.

Sun supports about 0.1% of USB devices out there, and they havent released
an API to let other people write more USB drivers.
(There isn't even a single reference to USB in the Solaris 8 HCL!)
You are limited to a few USB keyboards and mice.

If you dont like this, please go rattle some cages at sun to get them to
release the API.

The word of the day is mispergitude

1. Help setting up Samba Server with HP Laserjet 1000 USB Printer

To any Samba expert:

I would like to know if I could set up Samba with the my HP Laserjet
1000 USB printer.  Linux can see the device but cannot recognize it.
There is no driver support for HP Laserjet 1000 USB printer on Linux,
but I was wonder if I could have the raw USB output from the Windows
XP station direct itself to the Samba print server anyways?  Is this
possible?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Alvin Evangelista

2. Q: 2 questions of shell script('whichdir', $0)

3. Connecting a USB BurnMax24x CDR/CDRW Drive With a USB Printer already installed

4. Mounting Novell volumes?

5. APC USB ups, Back-UPS ES series, 2.5.68

6. Kernel compilation

7. HP Deskjet printer set-up

8. mksysb restore

9. Connecting an HP UPS to a Sun

10. is a USB printer possible with freeBSD4.0?

11. I am a newbie, I need help setting up so I can connect to my ISP

12. What am I missing (setting up printer on Linux with lpr)

13. USB printer possible on LinuxPPC 2000?