kernel function to get the system time

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,  I am looking for a kernel level function to get the current system time.
>I tried both clock_gettime() and time(2). But, both of these do not seem to
>work in my STREAMS module. In the first case, the module started behaving
>weirdly after the call to clock_gettime()[ioctl failed etc], in the second
>case the machine rebooted, when the call to time(2) happened.  I assume that
>this means that these functions are not available at the kernel level. I will
>be a lot helped, if anybody can point me in the right direction.

No, these certainly dont' work at the kernel level.

Try ddi_get_time() or ddi_get_lbolt()

(Only stuff in section 9 can be used inside kenrel modules)

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. Getting system time in kernel..

        As an example, a filesystem might internally store local times in its
inodes. You may not be free to change the on-disk format.

        DS

-

2. Can't compile Multimedia 2.1 on my machine...

3. getting system date/time from another system

4. Why should I use Linux?

5. functions that return the system time in Solaris2.6

6. Virus programs

7. GPL issuefor run time kernel function overwrite

8. VPN w/FreeBSD & Win2K

9. Any kernel function can get the time?

10. Daylight Savings time, system time, hardware time....

11. DDI/DKI kernel functions for current time

12. Getting system time inside a device driver? (Interactive)

13. getting last time user accesssed the system?