1. I am using Solaris 8 (x86) with Intel Celeron based Single Board
Computer. The computer board is "VR7" from SBS technologies.
2. The Board does not have on board battery. Hence the system starts
with default BIOS date and time - Jan 1,2002 00:00:00.
3. When the system is powered On, it boots up with Solaris and
x-windows. We are using xfree-86 for the graphics chip.
4. I am setting the system date and time (using date command) to
current date and time - Mar 27, 2004 10:30:00. The system time runs
normally until 11:59:59 hours. At this time the system changes the
time to 20:00:00 instead of 12:00:00. Further the date also shifts
forward by 3 days - Mar 30, 2004.
5. This occurs even when no application is running.
6. After one hour, the time changes from 20:59:59 to 09:00:00. At this
time the date does not change.
7. When I run my application also, it fails because of this time
Any help will be greatly appreciated.