i lost my root passwd,i want hack it,it is Sunos 5.7

i lost my root passwd,i want hack it,it is Sunos 5.7

Post by zhanghait » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:55:29

the machine is far away ,i can't go there ,so i can't boot from cdrom
to chang the shadow,i can remote telnet use ssh2,i have a ordinary
account ,how can i do?  where can i find tools to hack it ,i am poor c
language

i lost my root passwd,i want hack it,it is Sunos 5.7

Post by Joe Durusa » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:36:49

        You might look at the alerts on www.cert.org, or, if your password
was poorly chosen, you might try searching for crack on the web.  The
only
standard ways require physical access to the machine.

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

Post by Newbie JrSysAdm » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:38:27

> the machine is far away ,i can't go there ,so i can't boot from cdrom
> to chang the shadow,i can remote telnet use ssh2,i have a ordinary
> account ,how can i do?  where can i find tools to hack it ,i am poor c
> language

this post is so preposterous i'll bet anyone here it is a racist slur
against chinese hackers.

Post by Mathew Kirsc » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:23:08

> the machine is far away ,i can't go there ,so i can't boot from cdrom
> to chang the shadow,i can remote telnet use ssh2,i have a ordinary
> account ,how can i do?  where can i find tools to hack it ,i am poor c
> language

Well then, I guess you're screwed. There is no well-known, universal way to
hack into a Sun workstation that will always work no matter what. If there
were, what would be the point of system security?

Either think harder and try to remember the password, or pack a suitcase
because you're going on a trip to boot your Sun from CDROM.