Problem with a 4mm DAT drive on Sun Sparc

Problem with a 4mm DAT drive on Sun Sparc

Post by c.. » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

[I hope the Followup-To: comp.sys.sun.hardware will work as this is the
first time I use this trick with Deja.com!]

Hello,

I am Eric from Paris, France. Sorry about English mistakes!

I have a problem with a Sun UltraSparc 1 and its 4mm DAT SCSI drive.
The tape drive is in the middle of the SCSI chain, and the final
peripheral (a hard drive) has its "Auto-End" led on, so I assume there
are no connector problems.

The thing is: I can't put a tape in the drive anymore! It seems the
caddy inside the drive is locked in upper position and will not move.

I think this happened due to an electricity stop last night. The drive
was empty, though.

My question is: Please, is there a way to unlock it?!
May it can be done via a hardware manipulation or a prompt command?

Thank you very much in advance.
--

Cap Gemini France, Division Informatique Hospitalire
Immeuble Elyse-Dfense - 7, place du D?me  Tl.: +33(0)1.49.01.77.57

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. dat 4mm drive from sun

hi,

i tried  several things to make the original sun 4mm DAT on my sparc20
with solaris 2.5.1 to work. it seemed to backup (e.g.: tar cfbv
/dev/rmt/o /backup) but i am not convinced that the tape was getting the
right command.

especially becaus there is no way (at least for me) to get the data back
to the disk :-)

some saint in the mood for a hint

jens

2. z85230 sync & async desperately required!

3. need help with non-Sun 4MM DAT drive

4. dhcpd-isc

5. Trouble installing Sun External 12-24GB 4mm DDS-3 Tape Drive on Sparc Solaris 7

6. apm does not start automatically

7. **** HELP: Problems reading 4mm DAT tapes with HP35480A drive ****

8. DNS

9. 4mm dat drive problems