Real-time process and Solaris

Post by Yi Q » Mon, 01 May 1995 04:00:00

Hello.

Just a quick question, does Solaris 2.x X86 support real-time
class process? I know SVR4 spec includes the RT class, and
Solaris 2.x is SVR4 based. Can I say Solaris 2.x thus supports
RT class process?

Thanks in advance.

Yi Qin
AECL
Canada

Post by Jason Li » Wed, 17 May 1995 04:00:00

>Just a quick question, does Solaris 2.x X86 support real-time
>class process? I know SVR4 spec includes the RT class, and
>Solaris 2.x is SVR4 based. Can I say Solaris 2.x thus supports
>RT class process?

Solaris 2.x supports RT classes, run priocntl as root to run realtime
tasks.  Solaris and most large kernel unix is not a good realtime os.

Jason

--

1. Real-time (RT) process slipping time - any ideas?

I have a 4-CPU sun server. Exactly one process is a real-time (RT) process.
Many other processes (non-RT) feed it work. The RT process occasionally does
not wake up as fast as needed. Time drifts spoil the real-time output of the
RT process. I have raised the time quantum of the RT process to the max.
Also its priority (but that shouldn't matter since there are no other RT
processes.)

Any ideas on how to tighten the RT process?

2. help needed: Linux + Windows connectivity

3. What is real-time processing under Linux?

4. What are pro/cons of tape backup progs?

5. how to raise a process's priority to real-time via priocntl()

6. 2.6 x86 CD-ROM detection problem

7. scheduler in 2.4 and real-time processes

8. FVWM2-CDEm V1.0a

9. real-time processes

10. help: real-time process accounting

11. Lynux for real-time process control?

12. Lynux for real-time process control

13. Problems killing a real-time process.