'snoop' core dump

Post by sale » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

I am running Solaris 2.4 on Sparc 20.
I was trying to monitor and analyze the LAN traffic by using 'snoop'
command in a non realtime mode, but it always dumped core after two
or 3 hours's running.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance,
----
Ben Hwnag
NYNEX Corporation

'snoop' core dump

Post by Mike Couvillio » Fri, 28 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> I am running Solaris 2.4 on Sparc 20.
> I was trying to monitor and analyze the LAN traffic by using 'snoop'
> command in a non realtime mode, but it always dumped core after two
> or 3 hours's running.

> Any suggestion ?

> Thanks in advance,
> ----
> Ben Hwnag
> NYNEX Corporation

Were you snooping a ipdptp device by any chane were you? I've had a
panic occur when snooping and someone did an rlogin.  I believe it's a
known bug, but I don't recall the number at the moment.

Mike
--

# Sr. Staff Computer Systems Analyst    O-
#
# miSOFT, Inc.  1-800-METTERS  FAX:(804)827-9638
# A Division of METTERS Industries, Inc.
# A SUN Value Added Reseller