Impact of changing rexec port number

Post by Jim Smit » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

We are starting to move our Solaris servers into a Tivoli management
domain which up to now has been entirely NT based, and the management
nodes are NT servers.

Apparently Microsoft use a non-standard port number for exec where the
default for Unix systems is 512. Tivoli needs to use this to launch its
monitors so we will have to change our Unix servers to suit this.

What is the impact of changing this?
--
Jim Smith

1. How to change port number for Proftpd

Hello,

I'm very new to linux and need some help.
I need to change the port number that Proftpd lisens on.  The default is 21,
but I need to set it to 2112.  I tried changing the inetd.conf, services,
proftpd.conf and proftpd.conf.master.  None of those worked.  Am I missing
something??  Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.
Mark

2. Backup raw filesystem in AIX

3. Changing FTP server port number

4. Makefile for ircII2.2.9 Please

5. How to change openwin's tcp port number

6. system.map

7. How to change port numbers under redhat ?

8. File transfer between PC and RS6000

9. changing telnet port number

10. Changing Port numbers on Netscape 4.07

11. How to change incomming NFS connection port number - URGENT !!!!

12. change my http port number?

13. Changing FTP server port number