Connections

Post by 4ou » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:58:37

Hello experts,

I try telnet, ftp, rlogin, and i can't connect to the sollaris9
server as root.
what are the steps to check in the server to allow just root to be
connected?

i appreciate your thoughts/solutions

ou

Connections

Post by Tony Curti » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:52:10

>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:58:37 +0000,

> I try telnet, ftp, rlogin, and i can't connect to the
> sollaris9 server as root.

Good, just the way it should be.

Quote:> what are the steps to check in the server to allow just
> root to be connected?

Use Secure Shell instead.

Included with Solaris 9.

hth

Connections

Post by @sun » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 01:07:47

well, i use ssh and no connections.
what is the directory in server settings that controls the in/outs?

thanks

Connections

Post by Jim Pennin » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 03:09:47

> well, i use ssh and no connections.
> what is the directory in server settings that controls the in/outs?
> thanks
> --

In /etc/ssh, ssh_config and sshd_config.

--
Jim Pennino

Connections

Post by Darren Dunha » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 04:42:45

> well, i use ssh and no connections.
> what is the directory in server settings that controls the in/outs?

The directory can be picked at compile time, but /etc/ssh is a common
place.

You're interested in the sshd_config file.  If you modify it, you will
need to restart the parent daemon for the changes to be effective.

Top

Connections

Post by Dilal » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:11:47

Hello

    Try connect with another user and use su command.

     By default the remote connection for root it's forbiden. If  you want
connect directly with root,  you must edit the file "/etc/default/login" (
location for solaris 8 ) and comment this line

CONSOLE=/dev/console

Quote:

> Hello experts,

> I try telnet, ftp, rlogin, and i can't connect to the sollaris9
> server as root.
> what are the steps to check in the server to allow just root to be
> connected?

> i appreciate your thoughts/solutions

> ou

> --

Connections

Post by Phil Cohe » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 13:37:11

In addition to Dilala's suggestion below, ftp can be fixed through
/etc/ftpusers.  Any userid listed in this file is denied ftp access.
 Comment out the root user.  This is a new file as of Solaris 8.

- Phil

>Hello

>    Try connect with another user and use su command.

>     By default the remote connection for root it's forbiden. If  you want
>connect directly with root,  you must edit the file "/etc/default/login" (
>location for solaris 8 ) and comment this line

>CONSOLE=/dev/console

>>Hello experts,

>>I try telnet, ftp, rlogin, and i can't connect to the sollaris9
>>server as root.
>>what are the steps to check in the server to allow just root to be
>>connected?

>>i appreciate your thoughts/solutions

>>ou

>>--

1. Cannot accept chooser connection Software caused connection abort

2. ARO 1130 RaidPort card

3. RH5.1 PPP connection: PPP connection persists, telnet session times out

4. hdparm, Triton-PCI and Kernel 1.3.58

5. Limit maximum TCP connections for NAT connection

6. SMP

7. internet connection dies sometims after usenet connection times out

8. How do you find and remove invalid symbolic links?

9. cable connection died - can't do connection anymore?

10. FTP error: Can't build data connection: Connection refused.

11. How can I route to a cable modem connection AND a DSL connection?

12. multiple xDSL connections from one ethernet connection.

13. One NFS connection fine, one NFS connection slow