sunlink client 3270 - EAs are messed up

Post by Carl Ham » Wed, 08 May 1996 04:00:00

I have a hllapi program that I'm trying to port to Solaris 2.5 that works
on other unix platforms, but fails miserably under Solaris Sunlink Client 3270.
When my program accesses the extended attributes (EAs) it gets junk.
I use set session parameters and set "EAB".  I don't know if this product just
has problems with 3270 emulation or if there are other flags I need to set.
Anyone have any experience with this?  This product is actually OEM'd by
Sun from CNT/Brixton so any similar experience with those products would be
applicable.

1. HELP!! SUNLINK SNA 3270 can not connect ???

We just installed SUN LINK SNA 3270 version 9.0 on our Sparc 1000
(Solaris 2.5)
We has only Token ring connect from UNIX-Mainframe use PU2 and SNA.  After setup
"sunpu2.config" , we startup "sunpu2.1".  Look like the communication work
fine.  We use "sunop", "info ln all", "dis" to check status.  PU and 3 LU
are all "active".  If I startup "sun3270x" or 'sun3270tty", the LU status will
change to "active/attach" and the IP address will also show in there.  The
problem we has is when we startup "sun3270x" or "sun3270tty".  The window
will
pop up and status line show "system operator  lu=BLU01101 pu=BPU011 port=2".
There is nothing display on the screen.  If I press "enter", the status line
change to "wait" for ever.  Does anyone had SNA-UNIX communication experience
can help me on that?  Thank you for help.

2. Y2K

3. Configuring SUNLink SNA 3270

4. RedHat (Grub?) booting to wrong disk

5. 3270 client

6. FAQ: Sun Computer Administration Frequently Asked Questions

7. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

8. A SENDMAIL problem

9. HOWTO: UPS + Modem, no cable messing

10. PCI DTC-3270 with Linux?

11. 3270+netscape+linux

12. telnet 3270 emulation

13. Does linux support DTC 3270 SCSI boards?