Sys Admin Position Available

Post by Joe Picone - The Terminal M » Fri, 11 Aug 1995 04:00:00

        [Please forward to anyone you think would be interested.]

The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) has an
immediate opening for an Assistant Unix System Administrator.  This is
a part-time teaching assistantship involving system administration of
the ECE's Unix computer systems. Tuition plus a stipend will be
provided.  Candidates at either the M.S. or Ph.D. levels are
encouraged to apply.

Duties will consist of working with an existing computer support staff
to administer a network of 36 Sun workstations, 50 PCs, and other
miscellaneous computing equipment.  This position will focus mainly on
administration of a network of Sun workstations. Candidates should
have some experience in system administration of Unix platforms, and
be familiar with the following topics:

 - SunOS and/or Solaris 2.X installation
 - DNS, NIS, disk management
 - sendmail, ftp, http, and other such networking software
 - TCP/IP Networking (Thin-wire, 10BaseT, and Fiber)
 - dump/resore/dd and robust backup environments
 - X Windows
 - GNU Software such as emacs, bash, gdb, and gcc

If you are a highly motivated individual who is interested in pursuing
an advanced degree, then this may be the job for you.

To apply, please send mail, including a resume, to

you comment on your experience with some or all of the items mentioned
above.

The position is open starting in Fall'95.

Sys Admin Position Available

Post by Joe Picone - The Terminal M » Thu, 17 Aug 1995 04:00:00

To those of you who insist on responding with bad email addresses
(so I can't reply to you), or don't know enough to check the web,
if you want details about the location of the job, look at:

        http://www.msstate.edu

and surf your way down to the Dept. of Elect. and Comp. Eng.

-Joe Picone

Sys Admin Position Available

Post by Syed Zaeem Hosa » Sun, 20 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>To those of you who insist on responding with bad email addresses
>(so I can't reply to you), or don't know enough to check the web,
>if you want details about the location of the job, look at:

>    http://www.msstate.edu

>and surf your way down to the Dept. of Elect. and Comp. Eng.

I'd argue that if the person does not know *how* to set the e-mail
address correctly in their responses, or has not bothered to be finicky
and precise about fixing such problems, then you should not consider
them for a System Admin position!       :-)

| Syed Zaeem Hosain          P. O. Box 610097            (408) 441-7021 |

Sys Admin Position Available

Post by JCarr378 » Mon, 21 Aug 1995 04:00:00

i would argue that you should run want ads in the jobs newsgroup and not
here.
Powerstar Inc.                                                  UNIX
,SCSI, UPS Technologies
Gaithersburg Maryland
800-209-5556
fax 301-948-0715

Post by Charl » Mon, 21 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: i would argue that you should run want ads in the jobs newsgroup and not
: here.
: Powerstar Inc.                                                  UNIX
: ,SCSI, UPS Technologies
: Gaithersburg Maryland
: 800-209-5556
: fax 301-948-0715

If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black....

--
        Harnad describes the status of Usenet aptly:
                a communication medium with revolutionary intellectual