Netbackup alternate client restore

Post by Da » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:51:10

I am attempting to do an alternate client restore using of an Oracle
database using Netbackup 3.2.  I am unable to do the restore using a
different media server (tape drives direct SCSI attached to the new
client) than the one used for the original backup but am able to
restore to the new client using the original media server.  I'm not
getting any errors.  Netbackup is finding the images and the correct
media but will not mount the media.  I have verified that the storage
unit is working and communicating with both clients by performing hot
backups of both clients using the New Storage Unit.  Any Ideas??
Thanks

Post by Jame » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 23:49:22

> I am attempting to do an alternate client restore using of an Oracle
> database using Netbackup 3.2.  I am unable to do the restore using a
> different media server (tape drives direct SCSI attached to the new
> client) than the one used for the original backup but am able to
> restore to the new client using the original media server.  I'm not
> getting any errors.  Netbackup is finding the images and the correct
> media but will not mount the media.  I have verified that the storage
> unit is working and communicating with both clients by performing hot
> backups of both clients using the New Storage Unit.  Any Ideas??
> Thanks

Hi

Add the following on the new client:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf

FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER name_of_orig_backup_server client

What this does to allow backups made on the orig_backup_server to be
restored by the client which I assume is now a media server within
Netbackup.

Cheers

James