Contact Manager for Solaris

Post by Frank Davar » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm looking for a Contact Management software for Solaris 7 or Solaris 2.6
running on X86 platform.  I rather it be a freeware, but commercial product
will do.
I appreciate any help, and or pointers.

Contact Manager for Solaris

Post by Dave Granti » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Have you tried the address book in Netscape Communicator?

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:25:23 -0700, "Frank Davari"

+---------------------+---------------+

+---------------------+---------------+

Contact Manager for Solaris

Post by Andrew Gabri » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm looking for a Contact Management software for Solaris 7 or Solaris 2.6
>running on X86 platform.  I rather it be a freeware, but commercial product
>will do.

I am also looking for this, and something which could manage
calls into a customer support department and bug tracking.
I think we're pretty much resigned to going NT for this, but
as our main servers are Solaris x86 (possibly to be joined
by a small sparc soon), anything for these platforms would
be good to know about, preferably with web frontend as access
from MS Windows and other systems will be essential.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

Contact Manager for Solaris

Post by Philip Bro » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Note: DON'T crosspost this badly. I've trimmed it, because it broke my
newsreader :-(

>>I'm looking for a Contact Management software for Solaris 7 or Solaris 2.6
>>running on X86 platform.  I rather it be a freeware, but commercial product
>>will do.

>I am also looking for this, and something which could manage
>calls into a customer support department and bug tracking.

One way for bug tracking:

use the free perl-based "GNATS"..

OR.. use the bugtracking , also free, from www.mozilla.org

OR: install lotus notes, then get another third-party package to run on top of
notes. I know they exist. Some are very heavy duty.

don't remember if that's an x86 version of notes, unfortunately. If not, bug
IBM about it.

The word of the day is mispergitude

Contact Manager for Solaris

Post by Frank Davar » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

It should run under a terminal emulator such as VT100.

>Have you tried the address book in Netscape Communicator?

>On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:25:23 -0700, "Frank Davari"

>> I'm looking for a Contact Management software for Solaris 7 or Solaris
2.6

Contact Manager for Solaris

Post by David H. Mab » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

We have a product on Unix.  A mix of commercial work and internal
products.  Runs on a Relational database with 4gl and can be web
enabled.  We support SCO, Linux and HP-UX, but the vendor of the db is a
big Sun partner, so it could be ported.

Price is somewhere above cheap.  Please email me if you are interested.
I will arrange a online demo if there is interest.

We also customize and provide web based hosting of applications.

> >I'm looking for a Contact Management software for Solaris 7 or Solaris 2.6
> >running on X86 platform.  I rather it be a freeware, but commercial product
> >will do.

> I am also looking for this, and something which could manage
> calls into a customer support department and bug tracking.
> I think we're pretty much resigned to going NT for this, but
> as our main servers are Solaris x86 (possibly to be joined
> by a small sparc soon), anything for these platforms would
> be good to know about, preferably with web frontend as access
> from MS Windows and other systems will be essential.

> --
> Andrew Gabriel
> Consultant Software Engineer

--