How to setup samba as primary DC?

Post by Joachim Wagne » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Good day to you!

I want to install a solaris-box with samba as a primary or secondary
domain-controller in a Windows-NT-Net. I read in this group, that it is
possible to install a sun-box via samba as a primary DC and a NT-box as a
secondary DC and vice versa.

In the docs of NT I read, that a samba-box could only be the secondary DC.

How ever can you tell me how to setup samba as 1. or 2. DC?

Thanks for your advice.

Greetings from cologne

1. Tekram DC-315U/DC-935UW support?

Hi!

Does anyone know if Tekram's SCSI-cards DC-315U or DC935UW are supported?
Are they any good? I know Adaptec has a rather solid reputation, but at the
moment I'd rather buy something cheaper.

This seems to be a rather new card, or am I mistaken? I can't find it in the
Hardware-HOWTO, but that document is from September 1999.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!
/P?r.

2. tar decompression error

3. Samba as Primary Domain Controller

4. Status of the i2c driver in 2.2.xx

5. Primary controller or primary disk? please help newbie

6. Install Linux W/ WinXp (Partition?)

7. IBM tutorial: Using Samba as a primary domain controller

8. Can't boot suse linux 7.0 on a scsi hdd (scsi-controller: ncr 53c8x)

9. NT to Samba DC problem

10. Samba as Primary Domain Controller

11. Can primary glibc 2.1.x coexist with non-primary glibc 2.2.x WRT shared binaries?

12. Samba 2.2.5 as Primary Domain Controller on RH 7.3

13. how to setup 2 primary DNS server with different ip on one machine?