help with network installation

Post by Q. Daniel Wan » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to set up a server for network installation of Solaris 2.4
on a standalone client. When I run add_install_client
(i.e., add_install_client client_name sun4c) on the server, the
following error message appears:

df: Could not find mount point for /cdrom/sol_2_4_hw395_sparc/s0
./add_install_client: test: argument expected

This message would not go away even if I add the path (i.e., -s
dorado:/cdrom) to the supposed mount point. I guess that this error is
due to the running of the Solaris volume Manager,
but am not sure how to get around. Your advice on the issue will be
greatly appreciated. Please send me an e-mail too.

Thank you very much for your time.
cheers,
Dan Wang