FS:Sparc 20 BlowOut! $409.00 ........

Post by GbyTheS » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

Qty 5 Sparc 20 bare
         Price:$409.00
         Condition:used

Qty 5 Sparc 20 50Mhz 32meg 1gig w/CG3
         Price:$689.00
         Condition:used
         Solaris 7.0 installed for testing

Sparc 20s will be arriving around 6/5/99. Reserve yours now. No CODs on these
units..First come first served...

-Buy/Sell/Trade-Sun/SGI/Next/Mac/Cisco/Bay-
-For more GREAT DEALS follow the link below-
            Mastercard/Visa/Discover
http://members.aol.com/GbyTheSea/index.html

1. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

New to the group, so please be easy on me.

Here's my question:

Is there a performance difference between a 5, 10, or 20?  During a
recent exercise we conducted, that users were complaining about their
clients being too slow.  They asked to be upgraded to a Sparc 20 to
alleviate their woes.  Walking around doing a dmesg grep -i cpu, we
found that the 5's or 10's actually had a faster processor than the
20's.  Sometimes the RAM was higher on the 20's, sometimes not.   Is
there some sort of performance rating on different models published
somewhere?  Or is it dependent on the architecture of the box itself?
My suggestion was to walk around and pencil in an extra 0 on the case
so they'd think they had a higher model !  Customer service!!

If this is too vague, please let me know and I'll try to be as
specific as I can without compromising security.

Boz
(no certifications as of yet)

2. Question on password maintence options

3. FS:Sparc 2 blowout sale!!!

5. Sun Sparc 20 disk partition/fs disaster

6. Raid configure

7. FS:Sun Ultra 1 base Trade in that old Sparc 20!!

8. UNIX ISO files

9. Sparc 20 cpu module FS

10. Sun Sparc 20 disk partition/fs disaster

11. FS Sparc 20 clone

12. Sparc 20 FS

13. FS: SUN SPARCSTATION 20's and 20" MONITORS