Help with HP Laserjet 5MP under Solaris x86 2.51, please ;)

Help with HP Laserjet 5MP under Solaris x86 2.51, please ;)

Post by Jill Stephenso » Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am currently running Solaris 2.5.1 for x86 and have a HP LaserJet 5MP
connected to the parallel port.

I want to be able to use a single interface to print both ascii and
postscript, and I want the banner page to be disabled.  I have tried
various combinations of printers types, changing the banner status in
the printer configuration file to be off and changing nobanner from no
to yes in the printer interface file.  However, I have so far been
unable to get both ascii and postscript to print without a banner page.

Has anyone got a working configuration that they could share with me.

Thanks.

Jill

| Jill Stephenson - Tortuga Technologies Pty Ltd |
|                                                |

1. HP Laserjet 5MP setup HELP!!

Hi,

  I just got a HP laserjet 5P for my linux box and have not managed
to get very far with setting up my printcap since everytime I send
text or postscript output to the printer all I get are a lot of blank
pages being printed out. Has anyone managed to set one up?

          thanks

                 Kevin

2. /// automatic .plan changing script \\\

3. Slackware96 and my HP laserJet 5MP ? Help!

4. how to connect 2 Linux PC's directly?

5. Questions on Solaris 2.51 Desktop (x86)

6. 2.0.27 tcp patches wanted

7. Solaris2.5 + CAP60 + LocalTalk HP-LaserJet 5MP?

8. Installing.

9. Printing problems with HP LaserJet 5MP

10. Linux and Solaris x86 2.51?

11. Duel Boot under Solaris 2.51 x86 and Linux

12. Page accounting with HP LaserJet 5MP

13. WTB: Solaris x86 2.51