Solaris 9/V120/Jumpstart/Flash Archives ERROR: Could not stop the extraction

Solaris 9/V120/Jumpstart/Flash Archives ERROR: Could not stop the extraction

Post by Glo Wo » Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:01:42

Hello,

I am using a Solaris 8 jumpstart server with a Solaris 9 image to
build out Solaris 9 Sun V120 servers. I created a flash archive of a
completely built-out Solaris 9 V120 server. I placed the flash file on
the jumpstart server.

Using "boot net - install" on the client, everything installs fine
until the very end of the archive (1.5GB file) it gives the following
error and then exits to a root prompt:

ERROR: Could not stop the extraction
ERROR: Could not extract Flash archive
ERROR: System installation failed

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas what to check for?

Thank you in advance.

Solaris 9/V120/Jumpstart/Flash Archives ERROR: Could not stop the extraction

Post by Glo Wo » Wed, 08 Oct 2003 05:43:24

This was the result of the Flash image being over 2gb in size. Once the image
size was re-created with a size smaller than 2gb, it worked fine.

> Hello,

> I am using a Solaris 8 jumpstart server with a Solaris 9 image to
> build out Solaris 9 Sun V120 servers. I created a flash archive of a
> completely built-out Solaris 9 V120 server. I placed the flash file on
> the jumpstart server.

> Using "boot net - install" on the client, everything installs fine
> until the very end of the archive (1.5GB file) it gives the following
> error and then exits to a root prompt:

> ERROR: Could not stop the extraction
> ERROR: Could not extract Flash archive
> ERROR: System installation failed

> Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas what to check for?

> Thank you in advance.

1. HELP: Jumpstarting with flash archive returns system installation errors

I am installing a jumpstart with flash archive. Jumpstart runs through
the software installation and customization, but failed right after
the archive extraction with a system installation error. I've checked
all the rules, sysidcfg, profiles, dfstab, hosts, bootparam and ethers
files. Where else could have caused these errors?

        Extracted 1036.33 MB (100% of 1036.33 MB archive)
        Extraction complete

Customizing system files
        - Mount points table (/etc/vfstab)
        - Network host addresses (/etc/hosts)

ERROR: Could not copy file (/tmp/root/etc/default/init) to
(/a/etc/default/init)

ERROR: Could not copy file (/tmp/root/etc/device.tab) to
(/a/etc/device.tab)

ERROR: Could not copy file (/tmp/root/etc/hostname.eri0) to
(/a/etc/hostname.eri
0)

ERROR: Unable to copy a temporary file to it's final location

ERROR: System installation failed

2. SSI and ApacheJServ

3. Custom Jumpstart with Flash Archive in Solaris 8 04/01

4. Error: Authentication failed - cannot start X Server (perhaps you do not have console ownership...)

5. installing from flash archives using jumpstart

6. Linux+CD-ROM from Creative

7. flash archives and Jumpstart Questions

8. How detect when process finishes

9. HELP: Jumpstarting with flash archive returns system

10. Jumpstart with Flash archive

11. Flash Archive - Jumpstart

12. Jumpstart overwrites files extracted from flash archive

13. jumpstart fails to open flash archive