mysql 3.23.45 on solaris 2.6

Post by John Ruf » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:07:31

> hi,

> I am trying to compile mysql 3.23.45 on solaris 2.6 I run the configure
> option

> ./configure --enable-thread-safe-client --with-mysql-user=mysqldba

> the configure complains

> checking size of char... 0
> configure: error: No size for char type. A likely cause for this could
> be that there isn't any static libraries installed. You can verify this
> by checking if you have libm.a
> in /lib, /usr/lib or some other standard place.  If this is the problem,
> install the static libraries and try again.  If this isn't the problem,
> examine config.log for possible errors.  If you want to report this, use
> 'scripts/mysqlbug' and include at least the last 20 rows from
> config.log! #

> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to /usr/lib

> libm.a is in /usr/lib

> I cannot get past this,

> any suggestions.

> Matt

This is the configure line (with compiler options) I used for
mysql-3.23.49 on Solaris9 (Ultra10 / Ultrasparc IIi).  It works
beautifully.  However, you may need/want to add your two options
and slim it down some, but this binary is optimized for my platform.

CFLAGS="O3 -Ultrasparc -mcpu=v8 -Wa,-xarch=v8plusa" CXX=gcc \
CXXFLAGS="-O3 -Ultrasparc -mcpu=v8 -Wa,-xarch=v8plusa \
felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure \
prefix=/usr/local/mysql --enable-assembler \
with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static --enable-shared \
with-extra-charset=complex

-Have fun!

--

mysql 3.23.45 on solaris 2.6

Post by Matthew Darc » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:01:53

thanks John,

I got it working, I had to put in a special option for the dual CPU
(strange) and I had to make an alteration to LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include an
extra lib for the dual CPU, even though it was libm.a it complained about
this was not the problem.

Matt.

> > hi,

> > I am trying to compile mysql 3.23.45 on solaris 2.6 I run the configure
> > option

> > ./configure --enable-thread-safe-client --with-mysql-user=mysqldba

> > the configure complains

> > checking size of char... 0
> > configure: error: No size for char type. A likely cause for this could
> > be that there isn't any static libraries installed. You can verify this
> > by checking if you have libm.a
> > in /lib, /usr/lib or some other standard place.  If this is the problem,
> > install the static libraries and try again.  If this isn't the problem,
> > examine config.log for possible errors.  If you want to report this, use
> > 'scripts/mysqlbug' and include at least the last 20 rows from
> > config.log! #

> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to /usr/lib

> > libm.a is in /usr/lib

> > I cannot get past this,

> > any suggestions.

> > Matt

> This is the configure line (with compiler options) I used for
> mysql-3.23.49 on Solaris9 (Ultra10 / Ultrasparc IIi).  It works
> beautifully.  However, you may need/want to add your two options
> and slim it down some, but this binary is optimized for my platform.

> CFLAGS="O3 -Ultrasparc -mcpu=v8 -Wa,-xarch=v8plusa" CXX=gcc \
> CXXFLAGS="-O3 -Ultrasparc -mcpu=v8 -Wa,-xarch=v8plusa \
> felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure \
> prefix=/usr/local/mysql --enable-assembler \
> with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static --enable-shared \
> with-extra-charset=complex

> -Have fun!

> --

mysql 3.23.45 on solaris 2.6

Post by Reinier Po » Mon, 22 Apr 2002 02:06:13

>thanks John,

>I got it working, I had to put in a special option for the dual CPU
>(strange) and I had to make an alteration to LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include an
>extra lib for the dual CPU, even though it was libm.a it complained about
>this was not the problem.

It's better to set this with LDFLAGS="-Lpath/to/lib -Rpath/to/lib"
than to use $LD_LIBRARY_PATH; that way it will work without requiring
any variables being set at runtime.

Quote:>Matt.

--
Reinier