Applying patches

Post by Sean Roone » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I've just installed Solaris 2.5.1 (4/97). To this I've added patch
cluster 2.5.1 and y2k from the Sun website. The machine booted fine
following the operating system install, but following the patches, its
failed. The message is "po_share not found", "krtld error during initial
load/link phase", "Memory address not aligned".

The machine then breaks out of boot, preventing me from getting to
single/multi user mode.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated as this is causing me
real hassle.

Regards, Sean.

1. Apply Patches to copy of Boot drive?

Is anyone out there applying patches to a copy of their boot drive and then
either booting off of the copy or placing the patched copy back on to the
original boot drive?

We are looking for ways to eliminate multiple reboots. I'm interested in hearing
what kind of problems others have encountered doing this type of thing.

--
Raymond Scott

2. Linux as a term server

3. need help on applying Patch 108528-20

4. No video on EB164

5. ANNOUNCE: wiggle - a tools for applying patches with conflicts

6. awk script question

7. how to apply patch

8. will pay $$ for ANSI C programming

9. Problems applying patches with Jumpstart

10. How to apply patch ??

11. Help with applying Patch ... Chicken and egg problem

12. Sys-suspend fails after applying patch 108725-08 (st drivers)

13. Version change after applying patch to kernel src