Solaris 2.3/PPP Woes

Post by Paul Rataz » Thu, 13 Oct 1994 22:16:30

Quote:>I have configured the PPP on a SS10 (Solaris 2.3) in every way described by the
>Answerbook pages.  I have then fooled around with various route statements in an
>attempt to get the PPP working properly.  Each time, I get connected properly but
>the PPP client cannot see past the server.  Communication between the PPP client
>and PPP server is ok.  Our kernel is patched to the most recent (as of 10/8) level, and we have the PPP patch in.

>setup:

>I am using Novell LAN Workplace for DOS's SLIP/PPP features.

>The SS10 is attached to one of 5 local subnets connected to a router which allows
>connectivity to a WAN.

>Does anyone have any pointers on this?

Add an arp entry for the PPP client IP address pointing to the server's ethernet
hardware address.  Make the entry permanent and published.

i.e., arp -s <ppp_client_hostname> <ppp_server_ether_addr> pub

BTW, I think this one needs to go on the PPP FAQ!!!

---

Electronics Reliability Division       ||        Griffiss AFB, NY 13441-4505
Rome Laboratory (USAF/AFMC)            ||  COMM (315) 330-3766, DSN 587-3766
"Exploring the Invisible Frontier"     ||                 FAX (315) 330-3709

Solaris 2.3/PPP Woes

Post by Bubb » Thu, 13 Oct 1994 02:54:49

I have configured the PPP on a SS10 (Solaris 2.3) in every way described by the
Answerbook pages.  I have then fooled around with various route statements in an
attempt to get the PPP working properly.  Each time, I get connected properly but
the PPP client cannot see past the server.  Communication between the PPP client
and PPP server is ok.  Our kernel is patched to the most recent (as of 10/8) level, and we have the PPP patch in.

setup:

I am using Novell LAN Workplace for DOS's SLIP/PPP features.

The SS10 is attached to one of 5 local subnets connected to a router which allows
connectivity to a WAN.

Does anyone have any pointers on this?

1. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems

Hi all,

We are attempting to link up two Solaris 2.3 networks via PPP and we are
running into some problems.  The link initialy comes up and we are able to ping
both sides for about 30 seconds or so and then nothing.  Does anyone have a
clue what could be hapening? We are stumped here.

Thanx,

- Steve
 Always going where no one has gone before...

2. @Home and Linux

3. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link Problems

4. Job scheduler for UNIX

5. Solaris 2.3 disk space woes

6. 7137-514 RAID Array

7. Exabyte 8500C woes in SOlaris 2.3

8. Which PCI EIDE controllers work well w/ linux? (Need advice)

9. utmp woes under Solaris 2.3

10. Solaris 2.3 to 2.4 upgrade woes

11. Solaris 2.3 Printer Woes

12. HP 35470/35480A Woes with Solaris 2.3

13. Solaris 2.3 Non-blocking woes