Solaris 8 installation CD's

Post by Adam » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 11:55:51

Which disc's do I NEED to download to install Solaris 8. I'd prefer not to
download all three right away, if I don't need to, due to download
limitation with my ISP and high charges when I exceed them.

Thanks

Solaris 8 installation CD's

Post by Zhang Fa » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 14:26:35

Quote:>Which disc's do I NEED to download to install Solaris 8. I'd prefer not to
>download all three right away, if I don't need to, due to download
>limitation with my ISP and high charges when I exceed them.

>Thanks

Actually this question has been raised many times. One thing for sure
is that the installation CD is rubbish. You will need the two software
CD to install. If you need multilanguage support and documents, also
download the corresponding CDs.

Fan

Solaris 8 installation CD's

Post by Adam » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 14:54:07

Thanks, I didn't want to waste all that bandwidth downloading a file to
create a CD that I didn't need.

Quote:>Which disc's do I NEED to download to install Solaris 8. I'd prefer not to
>download all three right away, if I don't need to, due to download
>limitation with my ISP and high charges when I exceed them.

>Thanks

Actually this question has been raised many times. One thing for sure
is that the installation CD is rubbish. You will need the two software
CD to install. If you need multilanguage support and documents, also
download the corresponding CDs.

Fan

1. Music CD's on Solaris 2.4 CD-ROM Drive

Under Solaris 1.x I was able to use a program called "cdplayer" to play
music CD's on the CD-ROM drive.  Is there such an option under Solaris 2.4?
If so please tell me what it is and anything special I need to do for it
to work correctly.

Thanks in advance!
--
"If it wasn't for C, we would be using BASI, PASAL, and OBOL."

2. To HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY FAQ maintainer

3. 'workman' in Solaris 2.5.1 x86 not recognizing cds.

4. pine and spam mails

5. Audio CD's don't work on Solaris 2.6/x86

6. key bindings?

7. 'cd' command cores on Solaris 8

8. DHCP & all ones address

9. (1 on 1 copy for CD) CD copy of PSX-CD's

10. CD to CD copying using cdrecord- trashed two CD's

11. replace cd-rom with CD-R / can't find mount CD-R drive

12. Installation problem -- can't mount CD-ROM

13. can't install linux- cd didn't come with driver for cd-rom