Which shared library is loaded ?

Post by Per Eirik Mart » Sat, 06 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Is there a Unix command that lists which shared libraries a process
has loaded ?

Which shared library is loaded ?

Post by Andrew Gabri » Sat, 06 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a Unix command that lists which shared libraries a process
>has loaded ?

ldd lists which an executable is going to bring in at load time.

I don't think it can know about any which the process dynamically
links in itself whilst it's running. You can see these with truss
and maybe lsof.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

Post by Richard McAlliste » Sat, 06 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> >Is there a Unix command that lists which shared libraries a process
> >has loaded ?

> ldd lists which an executable is going to bring in at load time.

> I don't think it can know about any which the process dynamically
> links in itself whilst it's running. You can see these with truss
> and maybe lsof.

/usr/proc/bin/pldd <pid>

--

Which shared library is loaded ?

Post by Marvin Wolftha » Sat, 06 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You can do this:

export LD_DEBUG=files
export LD_DEBUG_OUTPUT=foo

Now, if you run a command, say 'ls', you will find a file
called 'foo.<pid>' which shows all the files accessed by the
loader.

export LD_DEBUG=help

and running any command will give you more info

Post by Alexey Kuz'miche » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

|Is there a Unix command that lists which shared libraries a process
|has loaded ?

One more command:

/usr/proc/bin/pmap -x <pid>

--
Alexey Kuz'michev                       Redcenter

phone: +7-095-939-1876                  fax:   +7-095-939-2596
         = Beware of your own desires because they come true =

1. Shared library loading shared library.

  I was wondering if someone could tell me how(if possible) this can be done.

  I am writing a shared library that an executable will load int at runtime.  The
shared library I wrote needs to use symbols and functions from another shared
library that was not part of the link line of the executable.  Is there a way for
a shared library to tell the executable that it needs other library loaded that the
executable didn't link in.

  Is there a command line option to ld when creating a shareed library to use
other libraries?

  Is there a link option for the executable to shared libraries to link in other
shared libraries not in the link line?

Illustration
----------
Executable:
CC -o myProgram *.o -lmyLib

My shared library:
ld -G -b -o libmyLib.so
  ** myLib needs another library libotherLib.so

PS.  I am using SUNWspro CC4.1 compiler.

Thanks for any help,
Greg.

--
Gregory Gee
Nortel ISPN

2. How MS will take over the net

3. error in loading shared libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object

4. Unable to malloc more than 64MB of memory

5. Shared variable between main() and loaded shared library - dlopen()

6. PC X Windows Servers

7. Will strip(debug shared library) == nodebug shared library ?

8. FS: DEC 3000-series Alpha Workstations

9. Help with building shared libraries with dependencies on other shared libraries

10. Question: Inclusion of shared libraries during linking of shared libraries

11. Need a Shared Library Guru: beyond simple shared library question

12. When is a shared library not a shared library?

13. X shared libraries - What am I missing here