can you open an xterm & run a subroutine in that xterm?

can you open an xterm & run a subroutine in that xterm?

Post by Rick » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:30:12

I'm using one script to open an xterm, which calls another script, is
there a better way to do this? Can you run a subroutine within the same
script?

#! /bin/sh

/usr/openwin/bin/xterm -e /tmp/run_me

*******run_me*****
while true
echo ""
echo "blah blah"
ls -l /h/data/local/db | wc -l
sleep 60
done

can you open an xterm & run a subroutine in that xterm?

Post by Mark Keisle » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:08:46

Why would you want to do that?  If you really wanna show some output in a
separate window, use Tk or PerlTk.