problem with Xsun, SunOS 5.1.1

Post by Noel Hun » Fri, 19 Dec 1997 04:00:00

We have been witnessing some strange behaviour on Sun consoles.  The
symptom was a very rapid flickering when an expose event was sent to a
X client. A redraw was happening but was extremely slow, seeming to
consist of hundreds of redraws of individual rows of pixels. The users
who first saw this at first thought they had narrowed it down to when
an window was obscured by a shaped pixmap and then exposed, but they
have seen it happen in other cases now. We also thought there might be
some relationship with default visual (these are 24bit fb devices). One
user has an Ultra with two displays, the second driven by a cgsix.
These problems don't occur on that.

Has anyone seen this or know what is causing it?

1. STL map problem on sunOS 5.7, not on sunOS 5.8

I am experiencing a problem in which a hang is occurring while trying
to find a key in a stl map (it is never reaching the null at the end
of the map). When I run the code on a sparc machine with version 5.8
it runs fine. When I run it on 5.7 a hang occurrs. It does not matter
which version I compile on. Has anyone experienced anything like this,
or have any suggestions.

2. device to use for SCSI tape drive and RH9

3. problems with Xsun and "dia"

4. RedHat 6.1 & UltraATA/66 Controller by Siig Inc....

5. problems with Xsun (Solaris 7 x86)

6. sco terminal emulation on dos

7. Xsun problems since upgrading to Solaris 8

8. Default Web Page

9. problems with Xsun

10. Problems with TrueColor on Xsun

11. Linux on SPARC (XSUN problem)