Looking for crash/desaster recovery software

Looking for crash/desaster recovery software

Post by Christoph Ma » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

We are looking for a crash/desater recovery utility. It should be fast
and easy to use.
The problem is that this machine is a very important machine in
production and every hour the machine is down is lost money (who I am
telling this ;-) ).

The best way would be a special bootdisk and the the tape containing the
data from the disk (later there would be 2 disks).

Is there any utility available ?
Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Christoph Mai

PS: I know that someone who is posting also can read the newsgroup, but
I would also be lucky to get any suggestions as E-mail (CC:)

Looking for crash/desaster recovery software

Post by Andrew Gabri » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi all,

>We are looking for a crash/desater recovery utility. It should be fast
>and easy to use.
>The problem is that this machine is a very important machine in
>production and every hour the machine is down is lost money (who I am
>telling this ;-) ).

>The best way would be a special bootdisk and the the tape containing the
>data from the disk (later there would be 2 disks).

>Is there any utility available ?

Try looking at sysbkup/sysrestore:

     http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/solaris/

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

Post by Roge » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> We are looking for a crash/desater recovery utility. It should be fast
> and easy to use.
> The problem is that this machine is a very important machine in
> production and every hour the machine is down is lost money (who I am
> telling this ;-) ).

I would think a mirroring RAID with hot-swappable disk would be best -
if one crashes just swap it.  No lost time.

Roger

Looking for crash/desaster recovery software

Post by Yong Huan » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Panix!Unix Crash Dump has a CD in there containing necessary software.

Yong Huang

> > Hi all,

> > We are looking for a crash/desater recovery utility. It should be fast
> > and easy to use.
> > The problem is that this machine is a very important machine in
> > production and every hour the machine is down is lost money (who I am
> > telling this ;-) ).

1. desaster recovery

Hi,
my script for desaster recovery of machines whith SDS mirrored boot
disks undoes the SDS modifications in /etc/system and /etc/vfstab and
does a ufsdump of all slices of the boot disk to a remote host.
Is there a way to backup the metadbs to recover the system whith
mirrored disks ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ipcrm fails

3. Backup-Solution + Desaster Recovery for Linux-Servers in a Firewall-Net

4. How to listen to multiple IP addresses

5. Looking for crash recovery info (sorry if repost)

6. SuSE 6.1 Install on ProLiant 2500

7. Looking for crash recovery info

8. Use of Tomcat in the enterprise

9. New Crash Recovery Software for OpenServer 5 - FREE

10. Looking for suggestions for archival, backup and recovery software

11. Looking for software version tracking software

12. Looking for software to LOG & SEARCH changes to hardware or software.