dumb solaris troff question

Post by Bryan O'Sulliv » Thu, 27 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:Strasheim) writes:

a> I know that I have to be doing something really stupid here, but I
a> can't get good postscript out of troff on my solaris 2.4 box.

Troff doesn't produce PostScript output.  You'll need to get either
some package that filters troff output and produces PostScript, or get
one of the freely-available *roff systems (like groff) that produce
PostScript.

        <b

--
Let us pray:
What a Great System.

Post by Andrew Gabri » Fri, 28 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>Strasheim) writes:

>a> I know that I have to be doing something really stupid here, but I
>a> can't get good postscript out of troff on my solaris 2.4 box.

>Troff doesn't produce PostScript output.  You'll need to get either
>some package that filters troff output and produces PostScript, or get
>one of the freely-available *roff systems (like groff) that produce
>PostScript.

or use the filter that ships with Solaris; man dpost.

[I didn't see original article, only a followup]

--

Post by R. Stewart Ell » Sat, 29 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote: >Strasheim) writes:

 >a> I know that I have to be doing something really stupid here, but I
 >a> can't get good postscript out of troff on my solaris 2.4 box.

 >Troff doesn't produce PostScript output.  You'll need to get either
 >some package that filters troff output and produces PostScript, or get
 >one of the freely-available *roff systems (like groff) that produce
 >PostScript.

As a previous poster pointed out, the proper postscript filters are included
with Solaris 2.x.

--
  R.Stewart(Stew) Ellis, Assoc.Prof., (Off)810-762-9765   ___________________
  Humanities & Social Science,  GMI Eng.& Mgmt.Inst. ()  /   _____  ______

1. dumb da dumb dumb newbie prob.

rh7 running apache2 on cable modem service w/o domain name yet. Finally got
users /home/*/public_html/ working.

However, if http://111.111.111.111/~user/ is sent, the user's public_html
index page is served. but if I drop off the tailing / as in /~user only, no
luck.

I am certain this is a simple one and all I need to do is edit httpd.conf
to accept BOTH.

So, which line & where?

all insults accepted if you include the fix.

Thanks!

2. SCO Open Server and Digi AccelePort 8Xe

3. dumb dumb question

4. "preserve" on 2.6

5. DOOM DOOM DOOM DUMB DUMB DUMB!

6. Mounting Iso image by users

7. Dumb Question: Floppy access from Solaris - BROKE?

8. Help - RedHat kernel patch for USB Drive ?

9. new to solaris, some dumb questions...

10. Some dumb questions about Solaris Shares

11. Unix/W95 Question, dumb question...

12. FreeBSD firewall question + a really dumb question(yes I'm new to FreeBSD)

13. Solaris 2.x troff to ps filter