Q. POSIX aio on Solaris 2.3 broken ?

Post by Casper H.S. D » Sun, 29 Jan 1995 23:02:53

>Is POSIX compliant aio on Solaris 2.3 implemented or am I doing
>something horribly wrong ?
>The objects are there in /usr/lib/libposix4.a, the man pages are
>present, BUT I have a very simple test case that fails.
>If you have used or are using POSIX compliant aio on Solaris 2.3
>or know whether it is implemented could you enlighten the
>unelightened ?

The last section of the manual page in 2.4 is very
clear about this:

BUGS
     In Solaris 2.4, these functions always return  - 1  and  set
     errno  to  ENOSYS, because this release does not support the
     Asynchronous Input and Output option.  It is  our  intention
     to provide support for these interfaces in future releases.

Casper