Tatung U10 based on AXi board & GFX-8M PCI Graphic Card

Tatung U10 based on AXi board & GFX-8M PCI Graphic Card

Post by Richard J. Aulet » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Anyone :)

Anyone have any experience with the new Tatung U10 that is based on
the Sun Microelectronics AXi board? How about Tatung in general?
How do the mechanicals compare? Keyboards, mice, keyboards, drives etc
up to reasonable quality? (http://www.tsti.com/ and
http://www.sun.com/microelectronics/SPARCengineUltraAXi/)

Tatung seems to have great prices on a AXi based machine - $1800 less
than others for better system (Sun keyboard instead of PC etc etc.)

Any experience with the Techsource Raptor PCI GFX-8M card as a alternative
to a creator card when 3D is not needed? (http://www.techsource.com).

-Rich Auletta

Tatung U10 based on AXi board & GFX-8M PCI Graphic Card

Post by Neil Corlet » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I found these guys when looking for AXi motherboard pricing in Europe:

http://www.transtec.co.uk/
http://www.transtec.de/
http://www.transtec.fr/

They have a nice configuration applet - prices your system as you build
it. The costs of a AXi board + Creator3D look attractive.

N.

Tatung U10 based on AXi board & GFX-8M PCI Graphic Card

Does anyone know of AXi workstations sellers in Singapore ?

Post by Lars Balker Rasmusse » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> I found these guys when looking for AXi motherboard pricing in Europe:

> http://www.transtec.co.uk/
> http://www.transtec.de/
> http://www.transtec.fr/

> They have a nice configuration applet - prices your system as you build
> it. The costs of a AXi board + Creator3D look attractive.

Great, but is there anywhere you can buy the BOARDS, not whole systems
based on one?  And what's the normal price?
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                           "Woo hoo!?"

Tatung U10 based on AXi board & GFX-8M PCI Graphic Card

Post by Paul Egge » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Anyone have any experience with the new Tatung U10 that is based on
>the Sun Microelectronics AXi board? How about Tatung in general?
>How do the mechanicals compare? Keyboards, mice, keyboards, drives etc
>up to reasonable quality? (http://www.tsti.com/ and
>http://www.sun.com/microelectronics/SPARCengineUltraAXi/)

We've had good experience with Tatung in the past, starting with their
old SS10 clone, and also their SS5/170 clone.  Can't say the same for
some of the other clone vendors.

We haven't tried Tatung's new boxes yet, though.