seagate barracude 9gig format

Post by Japhy Ryde » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

im trying to format a seagate barracuda 9gig drive under solaris 2.5.1
on an ultra and it seems to be*!!! :(

anyone know why/got any suggestions???

1. Installation Problems with Seagate Barracuda 9gig

Must have aid. .. .. . .,
    I am installing a plain vanilla Redhat 5.2 system on a Compaq 6000 5166
(166MHz) with an Adaptec 2940 Ultra-SCSI Card.  The only drive on the system
is a Seagate Barracuda ST39173.   I set the jumpers for LUN #1 and the SCSI
terminator is enabled.
My problem is that after creating the only linux native partition (8
Gigs),the install fails when trying to write files to the drive.   The error
follows:

Install exited abnormally--received signal 13
sending termination signals..... done
sending kill signals.....done
umounting filesystems /temp blah blah blah.
The rest is nothing significant.

Any help would be appreciated.

"Windows is impressive, but now it is mensk's turn. Swords for
everyone"--Variation on Baldur's Gate hero, mensk.
Michael Sox

2. Original boot floppy: error 0x10

3. Seagate Barracuda format problem on SPARC Solaris 7&8

4. linux & dvd help

5. *****HELP***** Need formatting info on HP, Seagate Disks

6. SENDMAIL NOQUEUE SYSERR

7. trying to format Seagate 47GB disk

8. Problems with Workload Manager

9. Cannot format seagate IDE drive.

10. Problem formatting Seagate drive.

11. format.dat entry for Seagate ST-3550N

12. format.dat for 40gig seagate

13. Format Specifications for Seagate Hard Disk