1. xlock in Solaris 7 doesn't work with powerd?
I have observed that after upgrading to Solaris 7, the powerd running
on none of the desktops here puts the monitor in energy saving mode
if the user locks the display using xlock.
Before, when all our desktops were running Solaris 2.5.1, after 30 mins
of idle time, the powerd would kick in and put the monitor in energy
saving mode regardless whether xlock was running or not. This is a much
preferable behavor to us.
I did the following experiment:
1) xset s 5, so that after five seconds of idle time, the X screensaver would
kick in. It did. But this was without xlock. Powerd kicked in soon
2) invoke xlock as xlock +enablesaver. After five seconds, the screen saver
didn't kick in at all. Thus the powerd wouldn't put the monitor in
energy saving mode.
Even the man page of xlock claims that +enablesaver would enable the X
screensaver, looks like it doesn't. So, is this a bug or a feature?
In any case, has anyone able to "restore" the more desirable behavor
when using xlock? If so, I would love to know how you got it working.
2. NEW PRODUCT : 3 Linux CD's and a....
3. powerd on Solaris 8
4. Please ignore newbie Missing RGB_DB question
5. powerd 2.0 problem
6. SIMS Implementation
7. Powerd Problem
8. Netscape lock
9. Powerd client for other systems?
10. powerd & UPS - Help I can't find any documentation
11. Tripp-Lite UPS ,powerd.. Anyone got them talking?
12. Need powerd.c for BEST FORTRESS UPS!
13. powerd with APC Back-UPS Pro?