3com install

Post by Ali » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 04:06:29

hi,
I have a 3com905B XL PCI ethernet card. And I can see in "/var/adm/messages"
this card with elxl0.
But if  I input ifconfig -a, it gives only "loclahost".
How can I dies card install correctly.
Thanks

1. Help! Kernel panicing after 3com install

My apologies if this has been covered already...

At work I run a dual boot Dos/NT & Linux UMSDOS system.
They (PC admin's) went around installing 3com 509 cards
in everyone's machines here at work.  (So we could run
MS Exchange - ick.)

Anyway, after the install of the card, NT works fine, but now
I get lots of kernel panics and 'halting interrupt driver'
errors when I boot Linux.  This happens right about at the
spot where it starts running through the /etc/rc.d/rc.inet2
setup (Slackware 3.0).  I moved the rc.inet2 file away to see if
at least it would boot and I still get panics when I try
logging in to the console prompt.  This has rendered the
machine totally useless until I find out how to fix it.

(I cannot recompile the kernel because I cannot boot the machine.)

I can boot from an emergency floppy, but only if I don't mount
the hard drive with all my stuff as root. (not very useful).

Other info about the setup:
    Kernel:  the "aha2940" kernel from Slackware 3.0
    Machine: Pentium with a dual purpose PCI/ISA slots.
    3com card: 509 (ISA) [ this is the only 'new' feature - it used to work.]
    filesystem: UMSDOS (Work won't let me re-partition it)

Am I the only one with this problem?

Tonight when I go home I'll try compiling a kernel for it on
another machine - but I don't know how well that'll go.

2. dos <-> unix conversion

3. 3Com 56K Sportster or 3Com Courier V.Everything?

4. Who's using

5. 3Com vortex has macaddress 00:00:00:00:00:00 (3com 905B-tx-nm)

6. Using ipchains AND ipmasqadm in kernel 2.4.x ?

7. 3com PCMCIA Card (3com Fast Etherlink XL 3C575-TX)

8. Is Xfree86 compatible with the Cirrus Logic 754x chip?

9. 3Com Impact, Dialing 3Com Chassis, w/linux, linuk randomly going "stale"

10. Installing 3com 503c eth net card in SCO VER 1.1

11. HELP: 3com 3C905C not recognized by RedHat 6.0 Install

12. Installing on i386 platform with 3COM 3c905c network card, help?

13. Debian 2.2r3 DHCP, 3COM 3CCFE575BT, ThinkPAD 760XD Install Question