PCI video driver compatibility?

Post by John Buel » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I was just installing Solaris 7 (3/99) x86 tonight into a brand new computer
with a new PCI video card, but I'm baffled as to what might be compatible
with it (apart from 640x480 and 16 colors). Has anyone else tried a card
with the SiS 6326 video chip? The card I have also has 4 MB video ram, if
that helps any. I'd really like to be able to run 800x600 on millions of
colors if at all possible. Please e-mail me your comments, I'm going to be
very busy all week putting computers together and I'll have very little time
to check usenet.  Thanks in advance.

John Buell

Post by Philip Bro » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>I was just installing Solaris 7 (3/99) x86 tonight into a brand new computer
>with a new PCI video card, but I'm baffled as to what might be compatible
>with it (apart from 640x480 and 16 colors). Has anyone else tried a card
>with the SiS 6326 video chip?

forget it.

1. sun doesnt support it

2. xfree86 does, but the quality is lousy.

Spend $30, and get a supported card.

Quote:> Please e-mail me your comments, I'm going to be
>very busy all week putting computers together and I'll have very little time
>to check usenet.

It's Not That Hard. Check back in a few days, and do a subject search.
problem solved.

The word of the day is mispergitude