DLPI and raw mode on Solaris 2.5 (fddi vs. eth)

DLPI and raw mode on Solaris 2.5 (fddi vs. eth)

Post by Laurent Denie » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

 I have a problem with DLPI on Solaris 2.5.1 for sending
 messages over FDDI. As solaris seems to not implement SAP
 filtering, we use the RAW mode and packet filtering (pfmod).
 This works fine on Ethernet but I have some troubles for
 configuring the pfmod device on FDDI. Any advice ?
 Moreover, with the normal mode (non RAW), I were not able
 to send any packet (either on ethernet or fddi) ...

 Thanks in advance.

--

                              | WWW   : http://www.worldnet.fr/~deniel
     All above opinions are personal, unless stated otherwise.

1. DLPI promiscuous/raw mode question

Hi,

I am running  DLPI demo code (by Neal Nuckolls; a well-known package?)
on Solaris 2.5.1. I have two Sparc20s connected on dedicated ether
NICs.  I need to see all packets, regardless of ethertype,  received
on /dev/le, so I enable promiscuous and raw modes at the receiving
end.

Tx SAP = 0   Rx SAP = 0,  rcvd ok
Tx SAP = 0,  Rx SAP != 0, rcvd ok
Tx SAP != 0, Rx SAP=0,    packet is not received (it is transmitted)

Is there another driver option required to handle this case? Or is
there another reason that the driver does not pass the raw packet up?

thanks,

Mark Whittaker
Cabletron Systems, Inc
Merrimack, NH 03054

(Note, Demunge return address to reply by email)

Mark Whittaker
Cabletron Systems, Inc
Merrimack, NH 03054

2. Trident TGUI9440, good card?

3. raw mode vs cooked mode

4. Samba and college network

5. Linux IPFW Firewall Design Tool site

6. Solaris 2.5 x86 DLPI & LLC2

7. Need help with cable modem and YDL 2.0

8. [2.5] keyboard.c Fix SAK in raw mode

9. Solaris 2.5 and FDDI problems

10. SunLink FDDI and Solaris >= 2.5

11. Solaris 8 ifconfig (lo0) problem VS Solaris 2.5,2.6,7

12. In search of user/programmer visible Solaris 2.4 vs Solaris 2.5 differences