Laser printer Vs Line printer

Post by Tikkana Akura » Thu, 29 Sep 1994 02:12:07

Currently we are using a laser jet 4si (HP) to meet our printing needs.
As the number of users keep growing we started to print a lot of pages
which usually gets thrown away into a dust bin after a look or so.

Right now we print around 25,000 pages/month.

Can you please giving me some input on the following:

1. How much will a line printer cost?

2. Is it going to be cost effective to purchase one?

3. How much space will they occupy?

4. How much of human attention is required to maintain it?

Thanks.

- Tikkana

1. printer advice: NEC Superscript laser printer

I want to buy a printer, probably a personal laser printer
(although I might consider ink jets), and am looking for a good one.

Does anyone know if I would be able to use the
NEC Superscript 860 laser printer with linux?

This laser printer uses the Adobe Printgear printer description language
instead of PCL or postscript.  I can't afford to buy a postscript
printer, but I know that ghostscript would allow me to convert from
PCL to postscript and back.

Any other advice would be welcomed.
Thanks for your help.

Meredith Goldsmith

2. ip_masq - bumper patches beta2 - timeouts

3. Laser printer for Linux (HP 6L vs Lexmark Optra E+)?

4. History

5. Lexmark E210 Laser Printer vs. SuSE 7.3 Pro + CUPs

6. cdrom not letting go

7. Hung Print Jobs: Printer Driver for DataProducts Line Printer

8. How much of CPU is using a process

9. Printer Problem: Default page size resets after power outage on remote line printer

10. printer (GDI on Linux? gs vs. PS-printer?)

11. Performance of ghostview driving a pcl printer vs. a postscript printer

12. Printing Man Pages to PS printer vs. PCL Printer (SVR4)?

13. printer (GDI on Linux? gs vs. PS-printer)