iostat emc

Post by utkanb » Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:15:02

Hi ,

I use redhat linux , itanium , emc disk array , oracle.

At peak times , i can see  50000 rsec/s (sector read per sec) which is
about 25mb/sec. But since i use emc , and fibre channel , i think the
system can do better ( for instance 70mb per sec) Am i wrong?

Kind Regards,
hope

iostat emc

Post by Matt » Sun, 06 Jun 2004 07:00:20

> Hi ,

> I use redhat linux , itanium , emc disk array , oracle.

> At peak times , i can see  50000 rsec/s (sector read per sec) which is
> about 25mb/sec. But since i use emc , and fibre channel , i think the
> system can do better ( for instance 70mb per sec) Am i wrong?

> Kind Regards,
> hope

You did not provide model numbers or topology information, so I
doubt anyone on the list will be able to provide quality feedback.

iostat emc

Post by Sami Ketol » Sun, 06 Jun 2004 06:47:12

> Hi ,

> I use redhat linux , itanium , emc disk array , oracle.

Which version of Solaris is this "redhat linux"?

Sami

--
.signature: No such file or directory

iostat emc

Post by utkanb » Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:53:30

Hi Sami ,

I did not mean to disturb the sun newsgroup , but unfortunately it is
very hard for me to find a linux box like me (redhat linux , itanium
64 , emc , oracle rac , datawarehouse , tb.level data) I have done
lots of searches in linux newsgroups , but i could not get enough
information . That's why i posted a linux related question to a unix
newsgroup .

I use raid-s on emc , just tried to dd a file from one location to
another (different file systems , both files systems are ocfs(oracle
clustered file system) (the file size is 20GB.) .

Kind Regards,
hope

> > Hi ,

> > I use redhat linux , itanium , emc disk array , oracle.

> Which version of Solaris is this "redhat linux"?

> Sami

iostat emc

Post by Matt » Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:48:54

> Hi Sami ,

> I did not mean to disturb the sun newsgroup , but unfortunately it is
> very hard for me to find a linux box like me (redhat linux , itanium
> 64 , emc , oracle rac , datawarehouse , tb.level data) I have done
> lots of searches in linux newsgroups , but i could not get enough
> information . That's why i posted a linux related question to a unix
> newsgroup .

> I use raid-s on emc , just tried to dd a file from one location to
> another (different file systems , both files systems are ocfs(oracle
> clustered file system) (the file size is 20GB.) .

> Kind Regards,
> hope

>>>Hi ,

>>>I use redhat linux , itanium , emc disk array , oracle.

>>Which version of Solaris is this "redhat linux"?

>>Sami

I would recommend joining the Redhat groups. They should be address
Redhat specific issues.

1. EMC performance

We create 5 luns on a RIAD5 group on a EMC FC4700.
My question is:
when read/write data to EMC, use one lun is faster,
or use 5 luns is faster?

Currently we are using only one
lun (ufs) for syabse. The I/O is very very heavy.
Could it be faster if we use 5 luns on same RIAD5
group?

I guess write to multi luns is faster, am I right?

Any idea?

Thanks,

2. AIC7xxx target mode

3. Star Office? Was: About EMC

4. KDE buttons dont work! Is this normal?

5. Backup with EMC solution

6. Displaying X from another machine in the internet side of term conn.??

7. recreatevg with EMC TimeFinder

8. KDM - kdmrc

9. EMC Disk Performance

10. Xwindows (EMC Monitor)