Sending Internet mail through MS Exchange

Sending Internet mail through MS Exchange

Post by Claude Vigean » Wed, 29 May 2002 12:58:43



Hello everyone,

We have an E450 server running Solaris 2.6.  For support and preventive
warning purposes, I would like to be able to send Internet mail to the
technical support staff.  Our corporate mail server is a Microsoft Exchange
5.5 server.

Would anyone know what I need to allow me to send mail to anyone through the
Exchange server?

Your comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,


IT Manager
Cantrex Group Inc.

 
 
 

Sending Internet mail through MS Exchange

Post by Anthony Mandi » Wed, 29 May 2002 18:58:16



> We have an E450 server running Solaris 2.6.  For support and preventive
> warning purposes, I would like to be able to send Internet mail to the
> technical support staff.  Our corporate mail server is a Microsoft Exchange
> 5.5 server.

        Don't you mean Intranet email?

Quote:> Would anyone know what I need to allow me to send mail to anyone through the
> Exchange server?

        From your E450, see if you can communicate with it on port 25.
        Do "telnet msexchange_box 25" and see if you get a response.
        If not, talk to the MS admins(s). If you can, there are a few
        ways to route email to it. Respond back once the above works.

-am     ? 2002

 
 
 

Sending Internet mail through MS Exchange

Post by Stephan Karge » Thu, 30 May 2002 04:05:40


You shoul try to add a host with name 'mailhost' and the IP-Address of your
exchange server in /etc/hosts or
to the nameservice and make sure that the domainname of your system ist set
correctly.
On my system running solaris 8 this was all I had to do to make sendmail
delivering and receiving mails.



> Hello everyone,

> We have an E450 server running Solaris 2.6.  For support and preventive
> warning purposes, I would like to be able to send Internet mail to the
> technical support staff.  Our corporate mail server is a Microsoft
Exchange
> 5.5 server.

> Would anyone know what I need to allow me to send mail to anyone through
the
> Exchange server?

> Your comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

> Regards,


> IT Manager
> Cantrex Group Inc.

 
 
 

1. Sending Files thru MS Internet Control (OCX)

Hi

This is Vijay from Singapore. I am facing a major problem while
sending files to remote server thru MS Internet Transfer Control 6.0
in VB 6.0 The problem is some times the file is not been sent to
remote server and there is an error while sending the file. The error
is "35764 : Still executing last request". But I tried a looot by
using ftp commands like "Bye" or "Quit" and "Disconnect" to close and
come out of the application. Still I could not able to solve this
problem. Some times the file is sent to remote server and some times
it is not.

So if any one of U know the solution could U pls respond to me with
the solution.

I lookforward to Ur response.

Thanx
Vijay

2. Setting up X-Windows and lilo....

3. Problem sending smtp unix mail through MS Exchange server to outside

4. wd8003 compatible with wd8XXX?

5. Howto send and recv mail to MS Exchange question

6. cable modem and network hub..

7. Sendmail to send all Internet mail to internal Microsoft Exchange server

8. Is alarm() broken in AIX 3.2.1 ?

9. Linux mail server with MS-Mail/Exchange

10. Unix Mail & MS Exchange Mail

11. mail - Sending mail to Exchange Server

12. Login to MS Exchange to send e-mail

13. Linux Internet Email gateway and MS Exchange....