split

Post by Barry Margoli » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>G'Day:

>reading up on split where you just shoot a file to pieces, but
>i think i'm missing something on how to re-assemble the file.

>if you cat file1 file2 file3 > newfile and look at the checksum,
>it looks kinda strange.  maybe off by a few.  is this normal?

It should be the same.  What do you see if you do "diff file newfile"?

1. To split or not to split?

OK, here's what I got:

A3500 controller with 2 D1000 trays....(what Sun likes to call a 3500
*Lite*)

Is it better to split the trays or not?  Eg., move the DIP switch so
that the tray is, in effect, 2 6disk trays?  Any benifit?  The
controllers will be active/active.

This will be a big fat 360gb mirror for Oracle, so 11 disks in tray 0
will be striped and mirrored with 11 disks in tray1 via RM6, with two
hotspares.  Yeah, I know, it's overkill, but those are the requirements.

(I almost had to kill Oracle engineers to aviod 11 individual mirrored
partitions!)

-krp

2. How to make a remote CD-Rom locally available as a 'real' /dev/cdrom

3. Ho to log access_log to split file and based on split per-virtual-host !

4. icewm

5. problems piping from "split" to "mail" (split | mail)

6. accept() behaviour

7. word splitting splits words wrongly?

8. How to display texinfo help pages?

9. Splitting binary files under solaris 2.4?

10. kbuild: Get rid of warnings in depmod + split-include

11. split traffic by ethernet port

12. Split-up copy of WP60 demo available.

13. X Windows with two split screen