Filesystem-dump on Solaris 8

Post by Alexandra Odenth » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:48:37

Hi,

I need to dump my filesystem on a Solaris 8. I want to haye a singel dump of
each partition. Any idees how to do this??

Best regards,

Alex

Nextra Deutschland       | Alexandra Odenthal
GmbH & Co. KG            | System Engineer

1. ufsdump 0f /dir/filesystem.dump /filesystem requires second tape?

When I do
ufsdump 0f /dir/filesystem.dump /filesystem
on a large filesystem, it tells me that I need a second tape.

Then I use
ufsdump 0cf /dir/filesystem.dump /filesystem
and it seems to work. But I think it still has a limit there.
Is there a option to tell ufsdump it is a filesystem, not a tape,
so that there would not be a second tape? Thanks.
--
Michael Wang, Unix Systems Administration
Merrill Lynch, World Financial Center

2. Looking for System Administrator

3. Getting dump to remote dump on Solaris

4. "right" way to keep a process running after logout?

5. unix dump: dumped twice to same dumpfile; restore if file displays only last dump

6. AIX/Unix Storage Management Engineer - Excellent opportunity

7. Can anyone dump/restore a 32GB filesystem (ccd)?

8. help r.h. 7.1 auto partition prob w/20 gig ide

9. 2.4.20-pre4/ext3: Fix the "dump corrupts filesystems" buffer-cache bug.

10. Backups and filesystem activity (was: Re: Dumping a Gigabyte)

11. Dump/Restore 4.5 live filesystem CD

12. Problem dumping / filesystem (read error)

13. dump of vxfs filesystems