Create???

Post by tck.. » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,
        I have some problems with this new system(I mean this is first time I
touch), hope someone can help me.

1. How can I create superuser and group users?

2. How can I setup the FTP for anonymous users?

3. How can I setup my DNS for my computer? Now I only can use IP to
ftp or ping.

4. Where can I get more informations about admin. ?

For the questions above, please help me, thanks.

Robert Wang

Create???

Post by mko.. » Sat, 27 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi !

Quote:>1. How can I create superuser and group users?

You should have  already a "superuser" account called "root" - if not,
your are in trouble...:-) All other accounts are created with
"useradd" or the admintool...

Quote:>2. How can I setup the FTP for anonymous users?

Do a "man ftpd" - you will find a detailed description for that task.

Quote:> 3. How can I setup my DNS for my computer? Now I only can use IP to
> ftp or ping.

Edit /etc/nsswitch.conf and change the line with "hosts:" to

hosts: files dns

Next edit /etc/resolv.conf and add a

domain my_domain.top_domain
nameserver ip-adress.of.my.nameserver

Ciao
 Markus

1. creating symlinks and reading and creating directories

I have three questions which are probably very simple, but i have no clue
how to do the folowing:

1. read the contents of a directory from c
2. create a directory from c
3. create a (symbolic) link from c

i know the second two can be done with the system(..) call, but im sure
there is a better way of doing this.

Mark

2. mail doesnt work

3. Creating SSA RAID after having created Vol.Grps

4. configuring system.fvwmrc

5. How to create shared libraries?

6. 2.0.25 dies running POVRAY

7. creating new directories under /proc

8. Cheap ethernet card introductory offer [NE2000 clone]

9. Creating Partitions on SOlaris 2.51

10. creating external functions

11. redirecting daemon messages created by syslogd to errlog

12. Create a tar file with a password

13. Problems under YAST with Windows2000 created partitions