help extending the root file system

Post by Susan Malisc » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I just installed Solaris 2.6 and would like to install the AdminSuite.
I accepted the default file system sizing for the installation, and now
it's telling me that I don't have enough room in /opt to install
AdminSuite.  Well, I'm having difficulty extending the filesystem
without it, but I can't install it without more room!  Arrgghh...
What does one have to do to extend an existing filesystem in Solaris
without the tool?  Is there something I'm missing here?  I have
experience with HP and IBM sys admin functions and I am struggling a
little here with Solaris.

Thanks,
Susan

1. Extending root file system

Well, I've added an external drive for a C110 and moved /home to it via
:

# umount /home
# mkdir /home2
# mount /dev/vg00/lvol3 /home2
ran SAM and created 'vg01' mounted to /home
copied /home2 contents to /home
# umount /home2
# reboot

Things look good, and I commented out the /home2 reference in
/etc/fstab, now I want to recover the space on /dev/vg00 that was used
originally by /home.

Can't use umount->lvextend->extendfs->mount since the root drive is
"always active"

Ideas, please !!!

-

-

2. PPP Problems continued.

3. Files misplaces, root file system full,HELP!

4. Problem with moving hard-disk

5. Need Help creating 200MB extended file system!

6. tape robot control?

7. BUG in ext2 file-system (2.0.33 kernel): tried to extend a file using lseek

8. Fwd: Looking for SHTTP

9. Enhanced Filing system - file system like DEC Advanced File system for Linux

10. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root disks.

11. root disk file system type and nfs server from boot/root disks.

12. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root floppies.

13. root file system above >1024 limit with System Commander?