"Not enough space" error

Post by m.. » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello

I'm actually getting this error from a perl script, but the issue, I
believe, is Solaris (2.6 by the way).

I have a script which spawns a rsh process, collects input from a
command into a very large data structure (~ 50,000 members, > 20MB),
then attempts to spawn another rsh process and compare the output of
that to the members of the data structure.

The problem is that once the first process is complete and the data
structure populated, the second rsh command fails with a "Not enough
space" error.

Any thoughts?

--matt hempel

"Not enough space" error

Post by Julius We » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

Some things you might like to try :

1. "df -k" to see if you have a capacity problem (look out for
    100%)

2. "df" to see if you have run out of inodes (look out for 0 files)

3. if all else fails, you can try to "fsck /dev/rdsk/<whatever>"
   to see if that file system is badly fragmented (NOTE : umount
   your disk before doing fsck in case there are open files)

that accounts for a number of "Not enough space" O/S related problems.

>Hello

>I'm actually getting this error from a perl script, but the issue, I
>believe, is Solaris (2.6 by the way).

>I have a script which spawns a rsh process, collects input from a
>command into a very large data structure (~ 50,000 members, > 20MB),
>then attempts to spawn another rsh process and compare the output of
>that to the members of the data structure.

>The problem is that once the first process is complete and the data
>structure populated, the second rsh command fails with a "Not enough
>space" error.

>Any thoughts?

>--matt hempel

1. vi "not enough space" error

I'm getting
"not enough space" messages when I try to
use vi to re-edit any file in
filesystems exported from an SGI running IRIX 5.3.
New files get created fine.
The local machine is an RS6000 550 AIX 3.2.5.
What might be causing the problem?

Replying "Switch to emacs" did not go over well with that user... :)
hiroki

2. Trusted Systems

3. "not enough drive space" error.

4. SLIPLOGIN - Helo MCalling in wtrhith Trumpet WinSock

5. tape recover error "not enough space"

6. A networking/X configuration question:

7. ??: "xpm: Not enough colors." In "xpat2" Card Game???

8. Ethernet probing...

9. ??: "xpm: Not enough colors" In "xpat2" Card Game?

10. SCSI on Sol8 - read: "not enough space"

11. "ld: fatal: file /dev/zero: cannot mmap file: Not enough space"... but why ?

12. mksysb restore "not enough disk space selected"

13. HELP -- fork: "not enough space"