Xterm issue

Post by kejos.. » Sat, 23 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
  I am trying to change fonts on my PC Xterm session using HummingBirds
Exceed software. But it does not change the fonts. I use my own login
id.
  However if I try to login using my id onto another server using
my PC Xterm session, having the same settings, it works just fine.
  Also, if I use the same login id and login from the Sun Server console
itself (on the first server), it works just fine!

  Any inputs ??
  Kevin.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Xterm issue

Post by Ed F. de Guzma » Sat, 23 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Are you using Wyse Term?

If you are, here is how to have the font changed regardless whether you
re-size the window or not.

Open Settings, Sizing, and if "Change the font size" button is ON, check the
"Always keep the same ..." button. This way, the font you set will remain
and NOT follow the size of the window.

Humming Bird Xterm emulation has the font size changed in proportion to the
window size turned ON by default.

Save any setting you have on a terminal setting file which normally has a
.hts extension.

Ed

> Hi,
>   I am trying to change fonts on my PC Xterm session using HummingBirds
> Exceed software. But it does not change the fonts. I use my own login
> id.
>   However if I try to login using my id onto another server using
> my PC Xterm session, having the same settings, it works just fine.
>   Also, if I use the same login id and login from the Sun Server console
> itself (on the first server), it works just fine!

>   Any inputs ??
>   Kevin.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. easy one I hope (xterm config issue)

Hey Everyone,
    Never thought about this until someone asked me recently (guess It just
never came up). How do you change (increase) the size of the font in an
xterm session.
    I was able to change the background color, foreground color,
etc...without problem, but couldn't find anything on how to increase the
font size.
    Redhat 5.2 is the distribution being used.
Thanks,
TMR

2. MUD/Robot ports to SysV w/o networking???

3. pasting from xterm to Netscape kills xterm

4. Linux boxes lose connection to network

5. How do I autoset "TERM=xterm" for xterms?

6. How to protect my website that only the correct user & password in my Linux machine can see it?

7. xterm, run a process, keep xterm open

8. Samba wont install

9. xterm: how to open a new xterm and run telnet

10. xterm, visualbell off, slooowwww xterm flash

11. xterm &, run a setup script, xterm won't stay on

12. Linux/NCD Xterms and Xterm serial port

13. Xterm BugFix: XTerm doesn't "eightBitInput" unter NetBSD